IFS Admit Card 2017: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is conducting examinations one-by-one for the year 2017 to appoint suitable employees in vacant places of the government cadres. Soon the Indian Forest Service (IFS) Examination is also going to be executed, for which online applications are already collected from graduates. Calendar says, first round of exam for Indian Forest Officers posts will be in third week of June 2017. For that, Commission will give an entrance key like admission certificate to appliers. Only those citizens would be considered as eligible to attend the test. Contestants who wish to know about the rules and procedures in getting of this IFS Admit Card 2017 can read the below paragraphs.
|IFS Admit Card 2017 – Highlights|
|Authority||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Name||Indian Forest Service Examination (IFS) 2017|
|Exam Date||Nov 2017 (Main)|
UPSC IFS Admit Card 2017
Commission is in a plan of issuing IFS Admit Card 2017 to eligible appliers, before three weeks of start of examination. At first, the Civil Services Examination Admit Card will be distributed in May/ Jun 2017 and then for Indian Forest Service Examination the admission certificates shall be issued on Nov/ Dec 2017. Contents that can be noted in this document are,
- Date of Exam
- Centre Name, Code
- Session (Forenoon/ Afternoon)
- Applicant’s Date of Birth
- Register Number
- Applicant’s Photograph
- Some General Instructions
The necessity of receiving this admission certificate is,
- Appliers can know about the correct timetable of IFS exam.
- Without UPSC Admit Card no one will be permitted to write IFS Exam 2017.
Notable Points: While going to the IFS examination 2017, it is mandatory to keep necessary writing materials and original photo identity proofs like Aadhar Card/ Driving Licence/ Passport/ Voter’s Id with you.
- Black ball point pens can be taken inside exam hall for writing.
- Admit Card and any one original ID proof should be taken inside.
- Avoid using cell phones, books inside exam hall.
- Don’t write any sort of hints/ answers in Admit card/ question booklet.
IFS Exam 2017
Only on determining the eligibility of appliers as per following standards, he/ she will be admitted to IFS Officer exam/ post.
Eligibility: Citizens must be a graduate in Agriculture/ Forestry/ Engineering/ Veterinary Science/ Botany/ Chemistry/ Geology/ Mathematics/ Physics/ Statistics/ Zoology subjects and can possess between 21 to 32 years of age. Experience is not a compulsory criterion.
- Qualification: Degree
- Age Limit: 21 to 32 years
- Experience: not necessary
Selection Process: The preliminary round of examination is said as Civil Service examination, which is conducted just for screening purpose. Next level is Main examination i.e. IFS examination. Only shortlisted persons shall be allowed to write this test, after submission of Detailed Application form. To acquire IFS Officer jobs, aspirants should also have to qualify the final round of selection, which is interview. The IFS exam and viva-voce marks shall be taken into account for preparing final select list.
- Written Examination
Exam Scheme: Indian History, Geography, Current Events, General Science, etc. questions will be asked for Tier-I and for Tier-II (i.e. Mains) contestants can expect questions from General English, General knowledge as well as optional subjects like Zoology/ Civil Engineering/ Geology/ Forestry, etc.
- Prelims and Mains are offline based
- Tier-I is objective type and Tier-II is descriptive.
- Prelims is 400 mark exam that has two papers.
- Main exam is scheduled for 1400 marks with six papers.
- Time given to complete prelims exam is 4 hours.
- Total time for which mains will be conducted is 18 hours.
How to Download IFS Admit Card 2017
Through Union Public Service Commission’s governmental website, the IFS Admit Card 2017 will be distributed to appliers. Regarding this, no postal intimation will be sent to candidates. So applied citizens should keep an eye on UPSC website, to know about the admission certificate or other details of IFS exam.
By entering your seven digits register number and birth date (as entered in application), appliers can take out this admission certificate. The steps to download e-admit card are given below.
- First go to upsc.gov.in link and hit “Admit Card” tab.
- Press the “Click here” link under “View Online” heading, against the relevant exam.
- Again hit “Click here” link under “To download e-admit card”.
- Take printout copy of instructions if needed and hit “Yes”.
- Enter your Roll Number, Date of Birth and Random image.
- On submitting it, your admission certificate will display.
- Save and download
- Thus IFS Admit Card 2017 can be successfully taken as printout copy.
Candidates who didn’t get admission certificate can contact the Commission Office in person or over phone number 011- 23381125/ 011-23385271/ 011-23098543, once. Also if any errors are noticed in the e-admit card, then report it to UPSC earlier.
Exam Centres: In about more than 50 centres the preliminary examination will be conducted. But the main examination will be held only in 10 centres (tentative). Anyhow, places will be within India. On first-apply-first allot basis, centres will be allotted to appliers.
|16.||Gautam Buddh Nagar, etc.|
|Download IFS Mains Admit Card||Click here|
Dates to Remember:
- Notification Issued Date – 22nd Feb 2017
- Notification Closed Date – 17th Mar 2017
- Admit Card will be issued on – 09th Nov 2017
- Date of Exam – Dec 2017 (Mains)
Note: The e-admit card getting details of IFS Exam 2017 are described above. Refer the official notice for more information.