IES ISS Exam 2018: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has finally released the official notification for IES ISS Exam 2018. Post Graduates in Economics streams and Bachelor Degree holders on Statistics fields are eligible to apply for this examination. According to IES ISS 2018 Notification, the written examination will be conducted in the month of June 2018. Aspirants who get selected through this UPSC exam will be designated permanently in Junior Time Scale Indian Economic/ Statistical Services or posts. Further details about IES/ ISS Exam 2018 are explained clearly in the below section.
|IES ISS Exam 2018 – Highlights|
|Authority||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Name||Indian Economic Service and Indian Statistical Service Examination 2018|
|Exam Category||UPSC IES ISS Exam 2018 for Junior Time Scale Posts|
|Qualification||Degree/ Master Degree|
|Application Type||Online mode|
|Exam Type||Objective Type Exam|
IES ISS Exam 2018
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is a government agency which appoints suitable candidates below various civil services by conducting competitive written test or interview. One of the exam that is being conducted every year by UPSC for Junior Time Scale Posts is Indian Economic Service and Indian Statistical Service Examination. Yesterday, commission has released the IES ISS Exam 2018 Notification. As per that, this year approximately 46 candidates will be hired through this exam for respective services. To know about no. of vacancies in IES 2018 and ISS, look into the following table.
|IES ISS Vacancy 2018|
|No.||Name of Service||Vacancies|
|1.||Indian Economic Service (IES)||14|
|2.||Indian Statistical Service (ISS)||32|
IES Salary and Indian Statistical Service Salary 2018:
Candidates being hired for IES/ ISS Junior Time Scale Services will get salary and other admissible allowances from time to time as per government order. It should be rememberable that, if necessary aspirants will also be placed on training/ probation for a particular time period initially.
- IES ISS Salary: As per government order
UPSC IES ISS 2018 Eligibility Conditions
Here in this section, we are going to explain about the eligibility criteria which are required to apply for the IES ISS Exam 2018. Yes, the qualification, age limit and other particulars which are required to apply for this exam are listed out in the below section.
Qualification: Aspirants who had done post graduation in Economics stream are eligible to apply for Indian Economic Service Exam 2018 and candidates those who had completed degree/ master degree in Statistics field are eligible to apply for Indian Statistical Service Exam 2018.
- For IES 2018 Exam – PG Degree in Economics/ Applied Economics/ Business Economics
- For ISS 2018 Exam – Bachelor’s degree/ Master Degree in Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Applied Statistics
Age Limit: Candidates who are within following age limits are eligible to apply for this exam. The age will be calculated as on 1st August 2018.
- Minimum Age – 21 years
- Maximum Age – 30 years
Age Relaxations: Aspirants who are belonging to the reserved category shall get age relaxation as per government norms.
- OBCs – can have 33 years
- SC/ ST/ Domicile of J&K – can have 35 years
- PWDs – 40 years
Physical Fitness: Those who are desiring to apply for this competitive exam have to satisfy the physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IES ISS 2018 Exam notification. Those who are not meeting the physical standards are not required to apply.
UPSC IES ISS Recruitment Process
The selection process involves two stages i.e. Written Exam and Viva voice test. The written test may consist of objective and descriptive type test. Candidates qualifying in written test will only be called for personal interview. Based on overall performance of aspirants, the final selection will be done.
- Written Test
- Personal Interview
UPSC IES ISS Exam Pattern 2018
As per UPSC IES ISS 2018 Notification, exam will be conducted for 1000 marks on pen and paper mode i.e. on OMR sheets. The IES exam 2018 will comprise only of objective type questions and the Indian Statistical Service 2018 Exam will comprise of objective as well as descriptive type questions. Like last time, this year also the competition for this examination will be really high. So, prepare well for exam.
IES Exam Pattern 2018: There are six papers in Indian Economic Service Exam 2018. Each exam paper will be conducted for a maximum duration of 3 hours.
- General English – 100 marks
- General Studies – 100 marks
- General Economics-I – 200 marks
- General Economics-II – 200 marks
- General Economics-III – 200 marks
- Indian Economics – 200 marks
ISS Exam Pattern 2018: Here also there are six papers in exam. The first four papers consists of objective type questions and the rest of the papers are descriptive type. The time that will be given for Statistics-I and II papers is 2 hours (each) and for all other papers maximum exam duration is 3 hours (each).
- General English – 100 marks
- General Studies – 100 marks
- Statistics-I (Objective) – 200 marks
- Statistics-II (Objective) – 200 marks
- Statistics-III (Descriptive) – 200 marks
- Statistics-IV (Descriptive) – 200 marks
IES ISS 2018 Viva Voice Test – Those who are qualifying in the IES or ISS exam would be invited for the personal interview. At the time of viva voice, participants have to produce all the necessary documents in original as well as xerox form for verification. Based upon individual’s performance, the final mark list will be prepared.
- Viva Voice test/ Interview
How to Apply for UPSC IES ISS Exam 2018?
Application Fee: Excluding SC/ ST/ PWD and Women candidates, all the other applicants have to pay the application fee through online payment modes such as Net banking/ Credit/ Debit card. You can also remit the fee by depositing the money in any branch of SBI as cash.
- Application Fee – Rs.200/-
- For SC/ ST/ PWDs/ Women – No Fee
- Payment Mode – Online or Offline
Applying Procedure: Willing and deserving candidates are requested to use the authorized portal of UPSC for submitting their application for IES/ ISS Exam 2018. Multiple submission of application will be summarily rejected. So, candidates are advised to read the instructions carefully before submitting their applications online.
- First of all, open the official website of UPSC “www.upsc.gov.in”
- Read the Indian Economic Service and Indian Statistical Service Exam 2018 Notification available on Active Examination section of homepage
- After reading IES ISS Exam 2018 Notification, click “Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC” link available on homepage
- Hit the Part-I Registration link given against particular exam
- Read the instructions that display and hit “Yes” button
- Fill the basic information as asked in form one-by-one, by clicking “Continue” button
- Choose the application fee payment mode
- Using “Update” button aspirants who wish to do changes in already entered information can make changes
- On submitting all those information, system generates “Registration id and password”
- Now take printout copy of Part-I registered page
- Candidates who had chosen pay by cash mode in part-I registration download the pay-in-slip and remit the fee in concerned bank after 24 hours of challan generation. Then after fee payment, login into the second part of registration.
- Candidates who had chosen online payment mode can directly click the part-2 registration link after getting registration id and password
- In the second part of registration, offline payment makers should enter the payment details. Those who wish to do online payment, do the transaction using appropriate link.
- Upload the scanned photo, signature on next step
- Then “Submit” the application and take its printout copy
- If you have submitted application correctly, an autogenerated email will be sent to your registered email address
UPSC IES ISS Exam Date 2018 and Others
|IES ISS 2018 Exam Notification released on||21st March 2018|
|Starting date to apply online||21st March 2018|
|Last date for submission of online application||16th April 2018|
|Last date for online fee payment||16th April 2018|
|Last date to download pay-in slip for offline payment||15th April 2018|
|Admit cards for written test will be issued on||3 weeks before exam date|
|UPSC IES ISS Exam Date 2018||29th June 2018|
|Exam results will be declared on||August 2018|
|Call letter for viva-voce test will be issued on||Updated Soon…|
|Date of Viva-voce/ Interview||Updated Soon…|
|Final results will be declared on||Updated Soon…|
Note: In the above section, we have provided sufficient details about the upcoming UPSC IES ISS Exam 2018 for the convenience of government job seekers on Economics/ Statistics fields. For additional details, please refer the official notice that we have linked in this article.