IES ISS Exam 2017: As per the exam schedule which was released earlier, Union Public Service Commission has finally released the examination notification for IES ISS Exam 2017. Post Graduates and Bachelor Degree holders who are aging between 21 to 30 years are eligible to apply for this examination. Like last time, this year also the competition for this examination will be really high. According to the annual planner, the written examination can take place tentatively in the month of May 2017. Aspirants who get selected through this UPSC exam will be designed permanently in Junior Time Scale services. Further details are explained clearly in the below section.
|Commission||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Position||Junior Time Scale|
|Exam Name||UPSC IES/ ISS Exam 2017|
|Vacancy No’s||44||Last Date||03-03-2017|
|Education||PG Degree/ Bachelor’s Degree|
|Job Nature||Permanent Basis|
|Location||Anywhere in India|
IES ISS Exam 2017
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is a government agency which appoints suitable candidates below various civil services by conducting a written test or interview. This year, in order to fill 44 positions below Junior Time Scale posts, UPSC planned for this exam.
The selection process involves two stages i.e. Written Exam and Viva voice test. In case of written examinations, questions will be asked from English, General studies, Economics and Statistics subjects. Candidates who are qualifying in this test only will be allowed to take part in personal interview.
Candidates who are not performing well in the test will not be allowed to take part in the further process. Those who are applying for these exams have to satisfy the physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IES ISS Exam notification. Those who are not qualifying the physical standards are not required to apply.
About IES/ ISS Exam: UPSC IES ISS Examination is conducted especially for engaging talented young aspirants below Junior Time Scale services.
There are totally 44 vacancies available below this designation. Candidates who have completed PG or Bachelor’s degree in Economics or statistics are eligible for this job.
UPSC IES ISS Eligibility Conditions 2017
Here in this section, we are going to explain about the eligibility criteria which are required to apply for the IES ISS Exam 2017. The qualification and age limit which are required to apply for this exam are listed out in the below section.
Educational Qualification: Aspirants who are had done post graduation degree or bachelor’s degree in their respective field are eligible to apply.
For IES Exam – PG in
- Applied Economics
- Business Economics
For ISS Exam – Bachelor’s degree in
- Mathematical Statistics
- Applied Statistics
Age Limit: Candidates who are aging between 21 to 30 years are suitable for this exam. The age will be calculated as on 1st August 2017.
- Minimum Age – 21 years
- Maximum Age – 30 years
Age Relaxation: Aspirants who are belonging to the reserved category can get age relaxation as per government norms.
- Age Limit for OBC – 33 years
- Age Limit for SC/ ST/ Domicile of J&K – 35 years
- Age Limit for PWD – 40 years
UPSC Selection Process: There are two parts in the selection process of Junior Time Scale service i.e. Written Test and personal interview. The written test may consist of objective and descriptive type test.
Candidates who are securing the minimum marks in this test will be called for personal interview. Based on overall performance, the final selection will be done.
- Written Test
- Personal Interview
UPSC IES ISS Exam Pattern 2017
The written test conducted for the IES exam will comprise of objective type questions and there will be objective and descriptive type questions for ISS exam. There are totally six subjects in each examination. This exam will be conducted through pen and paper mode.
The selection process is divided into Part-I (written test) and Part-II (Viva Voice). In the part-I section the questions paper pattern differs for IES and ISS exam.
Written Test for IES Exam: There are six parts in this exam. The first two parts will be conducted for a total 100 marks each and the remaining parts will be asked for 200 marks (for each question). Each part will be conducted for duration of 3 hours.
- General English – 100 marks
- General Studies – 100 marks
- General Economics-I – 200 marks
- General Economics-II – 200 marks
- General Economics-III – 200 marks
- Indian Economics – 200 marks
Written Test for ISS Exam: Here also there are six parts in this exam. This exam will be conducted for a total of 1000 marks. The first four parts consists of Objective type questions and the rest of the parts are descriptive type.
- General English – 100 marks
- General Studies – 100 marks
- Statistics-I (Objective) – 200 marks
- Statistics-II (Objective) – 200 marks
- Statistics-III (Descriptive) – 200 marks
- Statistics-IV (Descriptive) – 200 marks
Viva Voice Test – Those who are qualifying in the IES or ISS exam are required to appear for the personal interview. At the time of viva voice, participants have to produce all the necessary documents in original or Xerox form. Based upon individual’s performance, the final mark list will be prepared.
- Viva Voice test or Interview
Application Fee: Excluding SC/ ST/ PWD and Women candidates, all the other applicants have to pay the application fee through online payments modes such as net banking, Credit or debit card. You can also remit the fee by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by cash.
- Application Fee – 200/-
- Fee for SC/ ST/ PWD/ Women – No Fee
- Payment Mode – Online or Offline
How to Apply Online for IES ISS Exam 2017
Willing and deserving candidates are requested to use the authorized portal of UPSC for submitting their application for IES ISS Exam 2017. Multiple submission of application will be summarily rejected. So, candidates are advised to read the instructions carefully before submitting their applications online.
- First of all, open the official website of UPSC i.e. “www.upsc.gov.in”.
- Click on the “Recruitment->Online Recruitment Application” option from the home page.
- On the next page, Press the “New Registration” button, if you have not applied for any exams earlier.
- Fill the form with basic details and give “Save and Continue”
- In the next step, enter the details such as qualification, experience, etc.
- Also, upload the scanned copies of Age proof, Education & Experience certificate, community certificate,
- On the next step, insert the softcopies of photo and signature.
- Recheck the entered information several times and give “Submit”
- You will be guided to a payment window.
- Choose the fee payment option as Online or Offline.
- After fee payment, an application form along with pay slip will be generated.
- Take the printout of the forms.
Dates to Remember
- Date of Notification– 8th Feb 2017
- Last date for Online Submission – 3rd March 2017
- Pay by Cash option will be deactivated on – 2nd March 2017
- Written Exam Date – 12th May 2017
- Declaration of exam results – August 2017 (tentative)
Note: In the above section, we have provided sufficient details about the upcoming UPSC IES/ ISS Exam 2017 for the convenience of Job seekers. For additional details, please refer the official notice.