IES ISS Answer Key 2017: With the goal of appointing suitable qualified and knowledgeable citizens in various Junior Time Scale services Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has conducted one Indian Economic Service/ Indian Statistical Service (IES/ ISS) Examination from 12th May 2017. Graduates on Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Applied Statistics and PG degree holders in Economics/ Applied Economics/ Business Economics, who had done proper registration are permitted to participate in this competitive examination. As the test has been successfully executed in different centres, now the IES ISS Answer Key 2017 has been released by Commission. Detailed information about this answer key is given in below sections.
|Authority||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Name||UPSC IES/ ISS Exam 2017|
|Exam Date||12th May 2017|
|Material||UPSC IES/ ISS Answer Key|
UPSC IES ISS Answer Key 2017
IES/ ISS exam arrangements are done by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), as per orders received from government side. Because UPSC is one among the recruiting agency, that frequently conducts tests for enrolling persons to different government cadres across country.
With this power IES/ ISS examination has also been implemented on various centres like Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Delhi, Trivandrum, Mumbai, Jaipur, etc. Numerous citizens participated in the exam, in which objective and/ or descriptive type questions are asked. Competitors are allowed to take their exams in OMR sheets issued by invigilator.
Answer keys will be usually released only for objective type questions. So, now for ISS exam Statistics-I, II papers UPSC has released the answer key. To avoid discussing of answers/ copying inside exam hall, etc. Commission had prepared four different sets of question papers, for Statistics-I as well as Statistics-II. In the same way, answer keys would also be updated separately for these four sets of question papers.
- Exam Name, Question Series, Subject, Maximum Marks, Year of exam, etc. will be indicated in published answer key.
- Against each question number, only correct responses will be mentioned i.e. A/ B/ C/ D.
- Able to detect participant’s performance score approximately.
- Can approximately judge whether he/ she will meet the cut-off set for concerned subject.
- It also helps to know whether he/ she will be called for next round of selection or not.
UPSC IES/ ISS Selection Process 2017
For doing appointments under Junior Time Scale services, Commission has fixed two shortlisting stages which are IES/ ISS Test and Interview. By seeing the success in this competitive test, cut-offs will be set by UPSC. Then maximum number of least mark secured candidates will be shortlisted. For 200 marks the viva-voce test will be conducted by recruitment panel, for top mark scorers in exam. Finally 44 leading contestants will be fixed in the respective services, on seeing overall merit.
- Written Examination
- Viva-Voce Test
Question Pattern: Common paper of General English and General Studies is included in both the exams. In addition to this, for IES test General Economics, Indian Economics questions are involved and for ISS test Statistics questions are taken. Marks will be reduced for descriptive type answers, if handwriting is not too good.
- IES is fully of conventional type exam
- ISS is on objective and descriptive type.
- For objective type, 80 questions are asked in each paper.
- For descriptive type, short answer/ small problems/ long answer/ comprehension, etc. are added.
- IES/ ISS tests are conducted for a total mark of 1000 (each).
- For finishing all the six papers, Commission has given 18 hours time for IES and 16 hours for ISS (conducted on different sessions/ days).
- Some of the disabled persons are given extra time also.
How to Check Mark with UPSC IES ISS Answer Key 2017
As soon as exams are over, immediately within one week the IES/ ISS Answer Key 2017 is supposed to be let out. Only through the official website of exam conducting authority, this key will be published. By finding the Series of question (A/ B/ C/ D) which he/ she had attended in test, Statistics-I & II answer keys can be downloaded.
Most importantly two benefits are there incase of release of answer keys. First, competitors will be able to know about the correct answer for respective questions which will help them to avoid future mistakes and the other one is, his/ her exam performance can be approximately calculated. Steps to get this answer key are,
- Go to the Commission website upsc.gov.in.
- Under “Examination” option, click at “Answer Key” link.
- Published answer keys will be displayed.
- Among that, see for ISS Exam Answer Key 2017.
- For each paper, a downloading link is given.
- Click & open it and take it as printout copies.
- Thus ISS Answer Key can be successfully downloaded.
Now, start comparing the responses that he/ she had ticked for each question with UPSC ISS Answer Key 2017. Useful steps to check marks with answer keys are,
- For each correct answer, put 2 ¼ marks.
- If participants have shaded the answers with pencil, then no marks will be given by commission.
- Depending upon the number of correct answers, marks will also increase.
- If you have marked any wrong response then reduce about 33 marks for each incorrect answer.
- Marking more than one response for a single question also penalty is applicable.
- Finally count and write the total marks, that you have calculated.
- If candidates are having marks above the cut-off set by Commission, then you are safe.
- Thus mark assessment can be done using ISS Answer Key 2017.
|Download IES/ ISS Answer key PDF||upsc.gov.in|
Dates to Remember
- Notification Issued Date: 8th Feb 2017
- Notification Closed Date: 3rd Mar 2017
- Exam Conducted Date: from 12th May 2017
- Tentative date of release of Answer Key: Within one week of exam
Note: Regarding publication of answer keys for IES/ ISS exam 2017 we have presented this article. By visiting UPSC website, participants of this test might get more information.