IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2017: Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is going to conduct one common recruitment process for selection of suitable aspirants for Clerk posts in about 19 banks like UCO, Canara, Dena, Baroda, etc. Notification for this recruitment was released recently by institute and by seeing that numerous graduates are sitting ready to apply for the Clerk posts. The link for application submission opens on 12th September 2017. IBPS will conduct only exams for selecting suitable aspirants. But to qualify in this exam, one should do proper preparation. For that, appliers should be aware of the exam pattern first. To give ideas about the structure and scheme of exam, here in this article we have provided the IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2017. This is the exact pattern that IBPS prescribed for upcoming clerical examination. Interested aspirants can make use of it.
|IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2017 – Highlights|
|Exam Name||IBPS CWE Clerk VII|
|Material||IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2017|
|Exam Date||Prelims: 2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10th December 2017|
|Mains: 21st January 2018|
|Exam Phase||Prelims & Mains|
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2017
For occupying the Clerical vacancies in 19 reputed banks of India, IBPS is organizing this Common Written Examination (CWE)-VII by receiving proper approval. The exam for selecting right persons for Clerk posts consists of two phases, one is the preliminary and the other one is mains.
Preliminary exam is to screen the most unfitting aspirants amongst the appliers in the initial stage itself. But exam questions will not be that much easy. Only if you qualify in this prelims exam with good marks you will next called for the main examination.
Main Exam, from the name itself you can understand that this exam mark is very essential for preparation of final select list. At the time of joining, aspirants will be asked to submit the original as well as attested photocopies of essential certificates to concerned authorities.
Some of the particulars that will be commonly followed in IBPS Clerk Exam 2017 (prelims, mains) are listed below.
- IBPS Clerk Exam for the year 2017 will be conducted purely on online mode i.e. Computer based.
- Only objective type questions shall be asked.
- Negative marks are applicable for marking of wrong answers.
- Extra time of 20 minutes per hour will be given to aspirants who are using scribe.
This year, IBPS has made some changes in the Clerk exam pattern. To know about the new IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern for prelims and main exam, go through the next paragraphs.
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2017 for Prelims
Questions for IBPS Preliminary Clerk exam 2017 will be taken from three variety topics. Only individuals who are holding valid admission certificates issued by IBPS will be permitted to attend this exam. To know about the exam subjects, duration and marks, see the Prelims IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2017 that we have given below.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Time|
|English Language||30 questions||1*30 = 30 marks||1 hour|
|Numerical Ability||35 questions||1*35 = 35 marks|
|Reasoning Ability||35 questions||1*35 = 35 marks|
- Maximum number of questions that will come is 100.
- Total marks for which test will be conducted is also 100.
- Maximum permitted time for completing prelims exam is 60 minutes (except scribe using persons).
- For each incorrect answer 0.25 marks will be reduced.
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2017 for Mains
Some of the topics of prelims and mains exam will be same. But questions of this main exam will be tougher than the prelims exam. As said above only shortlisted candidates from prelims exam would be called for the main examination. The newly changed IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2017 for main exam is tabulated below.
|Topics||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General/ Financial Awareness||50 questions||50*1 = 50 marks||35 minutes|
|General English||40 questions||40*1 = 40 marks||35 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50 questions||50*1.20 = 60 marks||45 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50 questions||50*1 = 50 marks||45 minutes|
- About 190 questions will be asked.
- Maximum marks for which exam will be conducted is 200.
- There will be separate time limit for each section as tabulated above (maximum time is 160 minutes).
- Mark deduction is applicable for each incorrect answer (0.25).
Dates to Remember:
- Notification Issued Date – 6th September 2017
- Online Application Starts On – 12th September 2017
- Preliminary Exam Date – 2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10th December 2017
- Main Exam Date – 21st January 2018
Note: In the above section, we have given details about IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2017. Candidates who are searching for the latest exam pattern of IBPS Clerk Exam 2017 can make use of it. To know more about this upcoming exam, refer the official notification.