IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2017: Very soon, the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is going to conduct one common recruitment process for selection of suitable aspirants for Clerk posts in about 19 banks like UCO, Syndicate, Canara, IOB, Dena, etc. Already the notification for this recruitment was released by institute on August 2017 and numerous graduates had also applied for this post. The first stage of selection for this clerical post is an online exam. Only those who are passing in this test shall be interviewed further for appointment. But to qualify in this test, one should do proper preparation. For that, appliers should be aware of the exam pattern first. To give ideas about the structure and scheme of test, here in this article we have provided the IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2017. This is the exact pattern that IBPS prescribed for upcoming clerical examination. Interested aspirants can make use of it.
|IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2017 – Highlights|
|Exam Name||IBPS CWE Clerk VII Exam 2017||Exam Type||Objective|
|Material||Download IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern PDF||Exam Category||Clerical|
|Exam Date||Dec/ Jan 2017||Exam Phase||Prelims, Mains|
|Authority||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)||Official Site||www.ibps.in|
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2017
For occupying the Clerical vacancies in 19 reputed banks of India, IBPS is organizing this Common Written Examination (CWE)-VII by receiving proper approval. The exam for selecting right persons for Clerk posts consists of two phases, one is the preliminary and the other one is mains.
Preliminary exam is to screen the most unfitting aspirants amongst the appliers in the initial stage itself. But exam questions will not be that much easy. Only if you qualify in this prelims exam with good marks you will next called for the main examination.
Main Exam, from the name itself you can understand that this exam mark is very essential for preparation of final select list. Also next to main exam, high mark securing aspirants would be called for interview. The interview and main exam marks will be combined together and deserving aspirants will be chosen for the Clerk jobs.
Some of the particulars that will be commonly followed in IBPS Clerk Exam 2017 (prelims, mains) are listed below.
- IBPS Clerk Exam for the year 2017 will be conducted purely on online modee. Computer based.
- Only objective type questions shall be asked.
- For each correct answer 1 mark will be given. No extra marks will be offered.
- Negative marks are applicable for marking of wrong answers.
- Extra time of 20 minutes per hour will be given to aspirants who are using scribe.
IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern 2017
Questions for IBPS Preliminary Clerk exam 2017 will be taken only from three variety topics as tabulated below. Only individuals who are holding valid admission certificates issued from IBPS will be permitted to attend this test.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Time|
|English Language||30||1*30 = 30||1 hour|
|Numerical Ability||35||1*35 = 35|
|Reasoning Ability||35||1*35 = 35|
- Maximum number of questions that will come is 100.
- Total marks for which test will be conducted is also 100.
- Maximum permitted time for completing prelims exam is 60 minutes (except scribe using persons).
- For incorrect answers 25 marks will be reduced (for each question).
IBPS Clerk Main Exam Pattern 2017
Some of the topics of prelims and mains exam will be same. But not like prelims exam, this test will be more tougher than the first one. As said above only shortlisted candidates from prelims test would be called for the main examination. Especially banking related questions will be more in number in this exam.
|Topics||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||40||50||30 minutes|
|General Awareness (particularly banking)||40||40||25 minutes|
|Computer Knowledge||40||20||20 minutes|
- About 200 questions will display in Computer.
- Yes the maximum marks for which test will be organized is also 200.
- There will be separate timelimit for each section as tabulated above (maximum time is 135 minutes).
- Mark deduction is applicable for incorrect answers (25)
Dates to Remember
- Notification Issued Date – August 2017
- Notification Closed Date – September 2017
- Preliminary Exam Date – November 2017
- Main Exam Date – December 2017
Note: In the above section, we have given ideas about the exam pattern of IBPS Clerk exam 2017. We hope readers might have find this article as an useful one. To know about the detailed syllabus refer the link we have given in this article.