IAS Exam 2017: A long time waited civil service exam notification has been finally let out by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) through their official portal. Degree holders who are eager to get into Group A & B services can make use of this opportunity. Aspirants can use the official portal of UPSC to apply for IAS Exam 2017. Candidates who are aging between 21 and 32 years are eligible to apply for this exam. Most probably, this examination will be conducted in the month of May or June 2017. Those who get selected in this recruitment would be placed anywhere in India. Graduates who are looking for permanent government jobs can make hold of this offer. Here we have updated the eligibility criteria and other details which are needed to apply for this exam.
|IAS Exam 2017 – Highlights|
|Commission||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Name||IAS Exam 2017|
|Job Nature||Permanent Basis|
|Work Location||Anywhere in India|
IAS Exam 2017
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is a government authority which conducts civil service exam and other exams for engaging suitable candidates below various government services. Likewise, there were lots of vacancies lying below IAS, Police services, Revenue service, Trade Service, etc.
To tackle this situation, UPSC came out with this notification so as to reach the eyes of job hunters. Comparing to last year, the competition for this post will be really high because, now a day engineering graduates are also trying for Civil service exams. Candidates have to work hard to achieve in this exam.
The IAS Exam 2017 will be conducted in three stages i.e. Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and Personal Interview. Preliminary exam acts as a screening test for eliminating large number of candidates appearing for the upcoming selection process.
Those who qualify in this exam, have to take part in the main examination. Based on individual’s mark in main exam, he or she would be invited for Personality test. The marks secured by them in overall tests will be calculated and a final merit list will be prepared. Further details can be gathered from the below section.
Services below which the Vacancies are Available: UPSC is organising this examination especially for engaging deserving graduates below various civil services in India. The names of Group A & B services below which the vacancies exist are mentioned in the following list.
- Indian Administrative Service
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Police Service
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service
- Indian Audit and Accounts Services
- Indian Revenue Service
- Indian Defence Accounts Service
- Indian Ordnance Factories Services
- Indian Postal Services
- Indian Civil Account service
- Indian Railway Traffic/ Accounts/ Personnel Service
- Indian Defence Estates Service
- Indian Information Service
- Indian Trade Service
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service
- Pondicherry Civil/ Police service
UPSC Civil Services Eligibility Criteria 2017
Individuals who desire to apply for IAS Exam 2017 should be aware of the important UPSC Civil service eligibility criteria which are required to participate in this exam. Here in the below section we are going to be discuss about the qualification and age limits which will be useful for the aspirants who are willing to apply of this exam.
Required Qualification: Candidates who have completed degree in any discipline from a government approved institute or university are eligible to apply.
- Minimum Qualification – Degree
Age Restrictions: Aspirants who have attained the age of 21 years and did not cross 32 years as on 1st August 2017 are suitable for these posts.
- Minimum Age – 21 years
- Maximum Age – 32 years
Age Relaxation: The upper age limit of the applicants can be relaxed by aspirants belonging to reserved or special category as per government guidelines.
- Age Limit for SC/ ST/ Domiciles of J&K/ Ex-servicemen – 37 years
- Age Limit for OBC – 35 years
- Age Limit for PWD – 42 years
Selection Methodology for UPSC Civil Service Exam
The recruitment process for these Group A and B civil services will consists of three stages viz. Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and Personality Test. Based upon the performance of aspirants in prelims he/ she will be invited for main exam. Finally, there will be have to face interaction section which will be the qualifying nature.
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Personal Interview or Personality test
UPSC Civil Service Exam Pattern 2017
Group A and B civil Service exam comprises of two sections. The first section consists of Objective type paper and the second section comprises of descriptive type test as well as personality test. We shall see about it elaborately in the below section.
Preliminary Exam: This examination will comprise of two objective type papers were each section carries 200 marks. The minimum qualifying marks will 33%. This examination will be conducted for two hours time.
- General Studies (Paper-I) – 200 marks
- General Studies (Paper-II) – 200 marks
Main Exam: Those who are qualifying in the Prelims examination are required to appear for main examination. This examination includes written test and interview test. The written test comprises of nine conventional essay type questions. The total mark allotted for this test is 1725.
- Paper-A – 300 marks
- Paper-B – 300 marks
Papers to be counted for merit:
- Paper I: Essay – 250 marks
- Paper II: General Studies-I – 250 marks
- Paper III: General Studies-II – 250 marks
- Paper IV: General Studies-III – 250 marks
- Paper V: General Studies-IV – 250 marks
- Paper VI: Optional Subject-Paper1 – 250 marks
- Paper-VII: Optional Subject-Paper 2 – 250 marks
- Personality Test – 275 marks
Application Fee: Applicants are asked to remit the application fee through online modes such as net banking, credit or debit card. You can also remit your fee by using pay by cash mode (which will be generated after online application submission). No fee for applicants belonging to SC/ ST/ PWD and women category.
- Fee for Prelims Exam – Rs.100/-
- Fee for Main Exam – Rs.200/-
- Payment Mode – Online/ Offline
How to Apply Online for UPSC Civil Service Exam 2017
Aspirants who are fulfilling the eligibility criteria of IAS Exam 2017 can submit your application through online. Use the official portal of UPSC for submitting your application. Follow the instructions which are given in the below list for applying online.
- Go to the official portal of UPSC i.e. “www.upsc.gov.in”.
- Click on the “Recruitment->Online recruitment Application” option from the home page.
- Now, Hit on the “New Registration” button, if you have not registered yet.
- Fill the form with basic details and give “Save and Continue”
- In the next step, fill the details such as qualification, experience, etc.
- Upload the scanned copies of Age Proof, qualification & experience certificate, community certificate, etc.
- On the next step, upload the scanned copies of photo and signature.
- Preview the fed details twice before clicking the “Submit”
- You will be guided to a payment window.
- Selected the payment option and make the fee payment.
- After successful submission, an application form along with pay slip will be generated.
- Download and take the printout of the form.
- Date of Notification – 22nd Feb 2017
- Online Application Starts from – 22nd Feb 2017
- Last Date for Online Application – 17th Mar 2017
- Date of Preliminary Exam – May 2017
- Date of Main Exam – October 2017
- Interview Date – Updated later
Conclusion: In the above section, we have discussed the details regarding the release of UPSC IAS Exam 2017 notification on the official website. Go through the notification for getting detailed information.