HPSC HCS Syllabus 2017: The state Civil Service Examination for Executive Branch and other allied services is going to be conducted soon by Haryana Public Service Commission (HPSC). Are you guys going to write this forthcoming HCS Exam 2017? Then for your kind attention we have given the HPSC HCS Syllabus 2017 in this article. This is the new exam pattern and syllabus of Haryana Civil Services Executive Branch and other allied services examination. On 5th May 2016, Haryana Government has released a notification regarding changes done in the exam pattern and syllabus of HCS Exam (Ex.Br and others). Hereafter, this new scheme will be followed by HPSC for conducting HCS Exam (Ex.Br and Other allied services). Relax, and go through the following paragraphs to see the new HPSC HCS Exam Pattern 2017 and new HCS Syllabus 2017.
|HPSC HCS Syllabus 2017 – Highlights|
|Exam Name||Haryana Civil Services Exam 2017||Exam Category||Executive & Other allied services|
|Material||HPSC HCS Syllabus 2017 Download PDF||Exam Phase||Prelims, Mains|
|Exam Date||Announced Soon…||Exam Type||Prelims: Objective
|Authority||Haryana Public Service Commission (HPSC)||Official website||www.hpsc.gov.in|
HPSC HCS Syllabus 2017
Haryana Public Service Commission (HPSC) is the exam conducting authority for Haryana Civil Services Exam. This is a combined competitive examination. Because to meet the manpower requirements that have been arised in Co-operative Societies, District Food & Supplies Office, Employment Office, Excise & Taxation Department, etc. together, this HCS exam is being conducted.
The HCS exam has two stages. First one is the preliminary exam and the second one is the main exam. Preliminary exam is only for shortlisting category-wise candidates 15 times to the number of advertised posts, for main exam. To know about the new exam pattern and HCS Syllabus 2017 for prelims exam, go through the next sub-heading.
Aspirants who are shortlisted for main exam can prepare according to the HPSC HCS Syllabus 2017 and exam pattern that we have given below. Questions of the main exam will be in Graduation standard, as the minimum educational qualification prescribed for this recruitment is Degree.
Major topics of HCS Exam 2017: In preliminary exam there will be 2 papers and in main exam there will be 5 papers of questions. Details about the different papers of HCS exam 2017 are given below.
- General Studies
- Civil Services Aptitude Test
- Agriculture/ Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering/ Commerce & Accountancy/ Economics/ Electrical Engineering/ English Literature/ Geography/ Hindi Literature/ Indian History/ Law/ Mathematics/ Mechanical Engineering/ Physics/ Political Science & International relations/ Psychology/ Public Administration/ Punjabi Administration/ Punjabi Literature/ Sociology/ Sanskrit Literature/ Zoology.
Haryana Civil Services Exam Pattern 2017
The Haryana Civil Services Exam Pattern 2017 gives idea to contestants about the exam duration, total marks, etc. This is the new HCS Exam Pattern 2017 for prelims exam that is prescribed by Haryana Government.
|Haryana Civil Services Exam Pattern 2017 for Prelims|
|I||General Studies||100 marks||2 hours|
|II||Civil Services Aptitude Test||100 marks||2 hours|
- Multiple choice objective type questions shall be asked in exam.
- Equal marks are applicable for each question.
- About 25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Based on marks going to be taken by aspirants in prelims exam, contestants will be shortlisted for HCS main exam. The new HCS Exam Pattern 2017 for Main exam is given below.
|Haryana Civil Services Exam Pattern 2017 for Mains|
|I||English (including Essay)||100 marks||3 hours|
|II||Hindi (including Essay)||100 marks||3 hours|
|III||General Studies||100 marks||3 hours|
|IV||Optional Subject 1||150 marks||3 hours|
|V||Optional Subject 2||150 marks||3 hours|
- Descriptive questions shall only be asked for HCS Main Exam 2017.
- Except language/ literature papers, candidates can answer for the questions either in English/ Hindi.
New Syllabus for Haryana Civil Service Exam 2017
As the exam pattern has changed, the HCS Exam Syllabus 2017 also varies. In HCS Prelims Exam of Executive Branch and other allied services, some of the questions will be in standard of 10th level and others will be in degree level. To know about the detailed syllabus for Haryana Civil Service Exam 2017, look into the following table.
|HCS Syllabus 2017 for Preliminary Exam|
|General Studies||Civil Services Aptitude Test|
|· General Science
· Current events of National & International importance
· History of India and Indian National Movement
· Indian and World Geography
· Indian Culture, Indian Polity and Indian Economy
· General Mental Ability
· Haryana–Economy and people
· Social, economic and cultural institutions and language of Haryana, etc.
· Interpersonal Skills (including communication skills)
· Logical Reasoning & Problem solving
· General Mental Ability
· Basic numeracy
· Data Interpretation, etc.
Candidates who are going to appear in HCS Main Exam 2017 for Executive and Other allied services recruitment can prepare according to the new HCS Exam Syllabus 2017 that we have given below.
|HCS Exam Syllabus 2017 for Mains|
|English and English Essay||Hindi and Hindi Essay|
|· Precis writing
· Comprehension of given passages
· Essay on a specific topic
· Usage and Vocabulary
· General Grammar/ Composition
|· Translation of an English passage into Hindi
· Letter/ precis writing
· Explanation of Hindi passage (pose and poetry) in the same language
· Composition (idioms, corrections etc.)
· Essay on a specific topic
|· History of Modern India and Indian Culture
· Geography of India
· Indian Polity
· Current National issues and topics of social relevance
· India and the world
· Indian Economy
· International Affairs & Institutions
· Developments in the field of science and technology, communications and space
· Statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams
Till now you have seen about the Haryana Civil Service Exam Syllabus 2017 for compulsory papers of main exam. The HPSC HCS Exam Syllabus 2017 for Optional Subjects of Main Exam is given below. Interested aspirants can also download this HPSC HCS Syllabus PDF, if necessary.
|No.||Optional Subjects||Download HCS Syllabus 2017 PDF for Optional Subjects|
|1.||Agriculture||Click here to download|
|2.||Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science||Click here to download|
|3.||Botany||Click here to download|
|4.||Chemistry||Click here to download|
|5.||Civil Engineering||Click here to download|
|6.||Commerce & Accountancy||Click here to download|
|7.||Economics||Click here to download|
|8.||Electrical Engineering||Click here to download|
|9.||English Literature||Click here to download|
|10.||Geography||Click here to download|
|11.||Hindi Literature (in Devnagri script)||Click here to download|
|12.||Indian History||Click here to download|
|13.||Law||Click here to download|
|14.||Mathematics||Click here to download|
|15.||Mechanical Engineering||Click here to download|
|16.||Physics||Click here to download|
|17.||Political Science & International relations||Click here to download|
|18.||Psychology||Click here to download|
|19.||Public Administration||Click here to download|
|20.||Public Administration||Click here to download|
|21.||Sociology||Click here to download|
|22.||Sanskrit Literature||Click here to download|
|23.||Zoology||Click here to download|
Individuals who are preparing for HCS exam according to the HCS Syllabus 2017 that we have given above can definitely take marks above the minimum cut offs fixed for exam. The minimum cut offs for HCS main exam are,
- English paper: 33%
- Hindi paper: 33%
- Aggregate marks for other papers: 40%
HPSC HCS Exam 2017
HCS Exam for Executive and Allied cadres is being conducted to fill the Excise & Taxation Officer, Assistant Registrar, Traffic Manager, Assistant Employment Officer, etc. posts under Haryana Government. The selection round doesn’t finish after main exam. Candidates who are taking good percentage marks in main exam would be shortlisted and invited for a personality test. For about 75 marks, the personality test will be conducted. Finally the main exam and interview marks will be counted together for preparation of select list.
- Designations – Excise & Taxation Officer, etc.
- Exam Date – Announced Soon…
|Official website||Click Here|
Note: In the above section we have provided HPSC HCS Syllabus 2017 according to the new exam pattern that is announced by government. Candidates who need more information about this forthcoming exam can refer the official website of Commission.