HP SET 2017: Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HPPSC) is the authorized agency for conducting Himachal Pradesh State Eligibility Test. Two days ago, this organization has divulged HP SET Exam 2017 Notification. Nowadays, NET/ SET/ SLET/ Ph.D. is one of the eligible qualification to work as Assistant Professor in colleges/ universities. Likewise, to apply for Assistant Professor jobs in Himachal Pradesh colleges/ universities, HP SET certificate is very essential. HP SET 2017 Exam is going to be conducted on one of the Sunday of February/ March 2018. So, it will be easier for the candidates to make exam arrangements. In the below section, you will get detailed information about the list of subjects for which HPPSC SET Exam 2017 will be conducted, eligibilities, HP SET Application Form 2017, etc. Interested aspirants go through it.
|HP SET 2017 – Highlights|
|Exam Name||Himachal Pradesh State Eligibility Test 2017 (HP SET 2017)|
|Authority||Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HPPSC)|
|Qualification||Master Degree/ Equivalent|
|Application Type||Online mode|
|Exam Date||February/ March 2018 (Sunday)|
|Exam Type||Objective type|
HP SET 2017 Exam
Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HPPSC) conducts State Eligibility Test for Assistant Professor posts as per UGC norms. According to HP SET 2017 Notification, this year HP SET exam will be conducted for 22 subjects. Details about the subjects are given below.
|No.||List of Subjects for HP SET 2017|
|17.||Computer Science and Applications|
|18.||Tourism Administration and Management|
|19.||Mass Communication and Journalism|
HP SET 2017 Exam Eligibility Criteria
Qualification: Aspirants who had completed post graduation from UGC recognized institute/ university on any of the 22 subjects like Humanities, Social Sciences, Electronic Science, etc. can apply for HP SET 2017 Exam.
- Master Degree/ Equivalent
Percentage of Marks: According to HP SET 2017 Notification, candidates might have secured following percentage of marks in above said academic requirements, to apply for HP SET 2017 Exam.
- Necessary: 55% marks
- Relaxation: 5% for SC/ ST/ OBC (NCL)/ PWDs of HP
Other Eligibilities: Candidates satisfying below given conditions can also apply for HPPSC SET 2017 Exam, if having interest.
- Aspirants awaiting for PG final semester exam results on relevant subjects.
- D. Degree holders completed Master Degree by 19th September 1991.
Himachal Pradesh SET Exam 2017 Procedure
According to HP SET Exam 2017 Notification, the test will comprise of three papers. Only objective type questions shall be asked on exam as per pattern that is given below.
|HPPSC SET Exam Pattern 2017|
|Paper||Topics||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1||Teaching/ Research Aptitude||50 questions (total)||100 marks||75 minutes|
|2||Subject selected by candidate||50 questions||100 marks||75 minutes|
|3||Subject selected by candidate||75 questions||150 marks||150 minutes|
- Compensatory time will be given to some category disabled persons.
- There is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
Subject to the available number of competitors, Himachal Pradesh SET exam 2017 will be conducted at Shimla, Solan, Mandi, Sunder Nagar, Dharamshala, Palampur and Kangra.
HPSET Result 2017 Declaration: Top 6% of the candidates who are appearing in all the three papers will be declared qualified for eligibility for Assistant Professor posts, if they secure following percentage of marks in HPPSC SET 2017 Exam.
- Reserved category: 35% (aggregate)
- General category: 40% (aggregate)
Document Verification: Aspirants who are deemed eligible as per above given criteria should be ready to produce requisite eligibility proving documents of qualification, caste/ category, etc. to the “Office of H.P. Public Service Commission”, when asked by authorities. Candidates failing to submit requisite testimonials for verification will not be issued with HP SET 2017 certificate.
How to Submit HP SET 2017 Application Form?
HPSET 2017 Examination Fee: Depending upon category, aspirants have to remit examination fee to participate in HPSET 2017. Based on convenience of appliers, fee can be paid either through offline mode (e-Challan) or online mode (e-Payment).
|Category/ Particulars||HP SET 2017 Exam Fee & Mode|
|OBC (NCL) of H.P.||Rs.350/-|
|SC/ ST of H.P.||Rs.175/-|
|PWD of H.P.(OBC/ SC/ ST/ General)||Rs.175/-|
|Mode of Payment||Online/ Offline|
HP SET 2017 Application Form: Candidates can apply for HP State Eligibility Test 2017 in the subject of their post graduation only. HP SET 2017 Application Form is available on HPPSC website. Aspirants have to fill and submit the application without any mistakes before HP SET Exam 2017 last date. Detailed guidelines to submit HP SET Online Application 2017 is given below. Follow it.
- Visit HPPSC website hppsc.hp.gov.in.
- Click the Notifications tab available on homepage.
- All advertisements made by HPPSC will appear.
- Click Advertisement No. 12/ 2017 (State Eligibility Test) link and read the HP SET 2017 Exam Notification.
- Then come to homepage and click the “Apply Online” tab.
- Online Application Registration page will open.
- Click “New User Sign Up Here” link available on top right side of the page.
- A Member Registration form will open.
- Enter user name, password, email, etc. in the form and click “Create User” button.
- Thus the new user registration completes.
- Now come to Online Application Registration page and login using user name and password.
- If you are an already registered candidate, use that user name and password to Log In.
- Click the “Apply Online” link given against particular advertisement.
- Fill all the mandatory fields in application.
- Upload photograph and signature as per specifications, if necessary.
- Finally “Preview” the entered details and press “Submit” button.
- Candidates who wish to do online payment can do the transaction using appropriate link given in application page.
- Then take printout copy of submitted HP SET 2017 Application and e-Receipt for reference.
- Aspirants who wish to do offline payment can download the challan form after submission of HP SET Application Form 2017 and make the payment in concerned bank.
For Offline Fee Payers: Candidates who are remitting fee using e-Challan in any branch of Punjab National Bank have to logon to the HPPSC website again on or before last date and enter the details of “Branch Code/ Name, Transaction Number, Date of Deposit” in application by clicking the “Fee Details” link available in website. Once you have entered the fee payment information, click on “Update Fee Details” tab. Only then your HP SET Online Application 2017 will be accepted.
HP SET Exam Date 2017 and Apply Online Dates
|HP SET Exam Date 2017|
|HPPSC SET 2017 Notification released on||8th November 2017|
|HP SET 2017 Application Form can be submitted from||8th November 2017|
|HP SET Exam 2017 Last Date for application submission||27th November 2017|
|Last date for fee payment||27th November 2017|
|HPPSC SET Admit Card 2017 will be issued from||1 or 2 weeks before exam date|
|HP SET 2017 Exam Date||February/ March 2018 (Sunday)|
Note: In the above section we have provided enough details about upcoming HP SET 2017 Exam and its related information. Candidates who have doubts in this information can refer the official HP SET Exam 2017 notification that we have linked above.