UPSC CDS 2018: One of the competitive defence examination named CDS is going to be conducted very soon by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). CDS stands for Combined Defence Service Examination which is usually conducted twice in a year. CDS 2 2018 Notification has been divulged by Commission on 08-08-2018. If you are the one who is ready to work under military, naval and air forces of India, then utilize this great opportunity. Especially unmarried citizens are having great chances of employment. Further details of UPSC CDS 2018 are illustrated below in this article one-by-one. Interested aspirants can go through it.
|UPSC CDS 2018 Exam – Highlights|
|Commission||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Name||Combined Defence Service Examination 2018 (CDS-II)|
|Job Nature||Permanent/ Temporary|
UPSC CDS 2018
The army, naval, pre-flying and non-technical wings of Indian government is willing to hire about 414 candidates for the academy courses that are going to be conducted on 18th November, 2018. UPSC is going to recruit deserving number of aspirants for the respective academy courses, by conducting Combined Defence Services Exam (II), 2018. Both permanent and short service appointments are planned to be done through this recruitment, after course completion.
|No.||Academy/ Service||Name of the course||No. of Vacancies|
|1.||Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun||147th (DE) Course||100|
|2.||Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala||Executive (General Service)/ Hydro||45|
|3.||Air Force Academy (AFA), Hyderabad||Pre-Flying Training course||32|
|4.||Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai||110th SSC Men Course (NT)||225|
|5.||Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai||24th SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course||12|
NCC certificate holders and woman candidates (for SSC) are having special reservations under some of the academies. UPSC CDS-II 2018 Exam is planned to be conducted on 18th November, 2018. The centres for examination will be fixed based on first-apply-first-allot basis.
UPSC CDS 2018 Officer Entry Pay Scale and Allowances
On selection, individuals will have to undergo course in respective academies. During training candidates have to deposit certain amount of fee to the Commandant like pocket allowance, clothing, equipment, etc.
Stipends will be given to aspirants undergoing training. The pay scale applicable for Army Officers and equivalent ranks in Air Force & Navy on successful completion of training are given below.
|Particulars||Category/ Ranks||Pay Scale based on ranks|
|Salary||Lieutenant||Rs.56100 to 177500/- (Level-10)|
|Captain||Rs.61300 to 193900/- (Level-10 B)|
|Major||Rs.69400 to 207200/- (Level-11)|
|Lieutenant Colonel||Rs.121200 to 212400/- (Level-12 A)|
|Colonel||Rs.130600 to 215900/- (Level-13)|
|Brigadier||Rs.139600 to 217600/- (Level-13 A)|
|Major General||Rs.144200 to 218200/- (Level-14)|
|Lieutenant General HAG Scale||Rs.182200 to 224100/- (Level-15)|
|HAG + Scale||Rs.205400 to 224400/- (Level-16)|
|VCOAS/ Army Cdr/ Lieutenant General (NFSG)||Rs.225000/- (Level-17)|
Apart from stipend and salary, aspirants engaging on concerned cadet forces shall also get other admissible allowances like,
- Dearness Allowances
- Flying Allowances
- Kit Maintenance Allowances
- Field Area Allowances
- Uniform Allowances
- Children Education Allowances
- Qualification based pay, etc.
Eligible Criteria to Apply for UPSC CDS 2018 (II) Exam
Nationality: Individuals possessing following citizenship can register for this UPSC CDS 2018 Exam 2. Others should not be eligible to apply for this recruitment.
- Indian citizen
- Subject of Bhutan/ Nepal
- Tibetan Refugee settled in India before 1962
- Person of Indian origin (i.e. migrated to India from Pakistan, Srilanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, Vietnam & Burma)
Also they should have the certificate of eligibility issued by Indian Government. But it is not compulsory for Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
CDS 2 2018 Age Limit: Depending upon educational qualification the CDS 2 2018 Age Limit criteria also differs. The date of birth mentioned in matriculation/ higher secondary/ equivalent certificates shall only be taken into consideration for this purpose.
- Air Force: 20 to 24 years
- Officers Training: 18 to 24 years
- Others: 17 to 23 years
CDS 2018 Age Relaxations: Candidates applying for Air Force Academy vacancies of CDS 2 2018 by holding Commercial Pilot licence shall get relaxations upto 2 years, if the upper age is above 24 years.
- Commercial Pilot Licence holders (AFA): can have 26 years
Sex & Marital Status: Following table gives idea about which genders can apply for UPSC CDS Exam 2018.
|Air Force||Male/ Female||Below 25 years (unmarried)
Above 25 years (married/ unmarried)
|Female||Unmarried/ Widows/ Divorcees|
CDS 2018 Physical & Medical Requirements: According to CDS 2 2018 Notification, to join in Indian Military/ Naval/ Officers/ Air courses, one should have good physical and medical fitness.
- Running, Skipping, Pushups & Sit-ups, Chin ups, Rope Climbing
- Permanent Body Tattoos
- Disease/ Disability
- Height & Weight
- Visual & Hearing standards, etc.
CDS 2018 Eligible Qualification: Degree qualified persons in relevant fields are wanted for IMA/ INA/ OTA/ AFA courses. Students who are currently doing final semester exams can also apply, if they have no arrears upto previous semester.
- Air Force Academy: BE/ SSLC, H.Sc (Physics & Maths) with Degree
- Naval Academy: any Engineering Degree
- Others: any Degree/ Equivalent
UPSC CDS 2018 Selection Criteria
Eligible appliers shall be issued with e-admit cards to attend UPSC CDS 2018 Exam, first. The CDS 2 2018 Exam date is 18th November, 2018. Then based on exam marks, Commission will shortlist some of the leading performers and recommend them for interview round of selection. So prepare well for exam under these topics.
|CDS 2018 Exam for Officers Training Academy (200 marks)||CDS 2018 Exam for Other Academies (300 marks)|
Services Selection Board (SSB) will issue separate call letters to the shortlisted candidates of written exam, by inviting them for interview. Two stage selection based on Psychological Aptitude and Intelligence shall be conducted. Aspirants qualifying in first stage of SSB shall only be permitted for second stage. The documents will also be verified at the time of second round of SSB.
By combining the Written and SSB Interview marks, a provisional merit list will be prepared and individuals coming top in list shall be called for medical examination. Those who are of good medical and physical fitness shall be finally opted for respective academics, on merit-cum-reservation basis.
- Written Exam
- SSB Interview
- Medical Examination
How to Submit UPSC CDS 2018 Application Form?
CDS 2018 Application Charges: Either as cash or by using Net Banking/ Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card facilities, appliers have to remit fee to participate in UPSC CDS 2018 examination. For doing offline payment, candidates can download the Pay in-slip from Commission’s website. Fee once paid is non-refundable.
- Fee: Rs.200/-
- Exemption: SC/ STs/ Female
- Payment Mode: Online/ Offline
UPSC CDS (II) 2018 Application Form: Online applications should be submitted by willing aspirants to register for this competitive exam. The general guidelines to apply for UPSC CDS 2018 Exam are given here.
- First and Foremost open the page, upsconline.nic.in
- Click “Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC” link
- Hit the Part-I Registration link given against particular exam
- Read the instructions that display and hit “Yes” button
- Fill the basic information as asked in form one-by-one, by clicking “Continue” button.
- Choose the mode of payment
- Using “Update” button aspirants who wish to do changes in already entered information can make changes
- On submitting all those information, system generates “Registration id and password”
- Now take printout copy of Part-I registered page
- Candidates who had chosen pay by cash mode in part-I registration download the pay-in-slip and remit the fee in concerned bank after 24 hours of challan generation. Then after fee payment, login into the second part of registration
- Candidates who had chosen online payment mode can directly click the part-2 registration link after getting registration id and password
- In the second part of registration, offline payment makers should enter the payment details. Those who wish to do online payment, do the transaction using appropriate link
- Upload the scanned photo, signature on next step
- Then “Submit” the application and take its printout copy
- If you have submitted application correctly, an autogenerated email will be sent to your registered email address
Dates to Remember
|CDS 2 2018 Notification released on||8th August 2018|
|CDS 2 2018 Application Form can be submitted from||8th August 2018|
|Last date for submission of UPSC CDS 2018 Application||3rd September 2018 (6.00 PM)|
|Last date for fee payment through bank (Offline)||2nd September 2018|
|Last date for online fee payment||3rd September 2018 (6.00 PM)|
|UPSC CDS 2 2018 Admit Card will be issued from||at least 3 weeks before the start of exam|
|CDS 2 2018 Exam Date||18th November 2018|
Note: Details regarding one of the upcoming defence examination which is conducted by UPSC are discussed here in the above section. Refer the official notice of UPSC CDS 2018 linked in this article to know further information about this recruitment.