UPSC CDS Online Application 2018: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is now inviting online applications from candidates who are willing to join in Indian Military/ Naval/ Air Force/ Officer Training Academies through Combined Defence Services (CDS) Examination (I), 2018. Female aspirants are also found eligible to apply for the non-technical courses in some of the academies. Appointment will be done on permanent/ temporary basis depending upon force requirements. From today, approximately 26 days time is there to submit CDS 1 2018 Application Form. So, willing aspirants are requested to apply online well on time, before completion of deadline. By reading CDS 2018 Apply Online instructions that we have given below, citizens will get idea about how to submit UPSC CDS Online Application 2018 without any mistakes. Interested aspirants can go through it.
|UPSC CDS Online Application 2018 (Exam I) – Important Dates|
|CDS 1 2018 Notification released on||8th November 2017|
|CDS 1 2018 Application Form can be submitted from||8th November 2017 (12.00 PM)|
|Last date for submission of UPSC CDS 2018 Application Form||4th December 2017 (6.00 PM)|
|Last date for fee payment using Pay by cash mode||3rd December 2017|
|Last date for online fee payment||4th December 2017 (6.00 PM)|
|UPSC CDS 1 2018 e-Admit Card will be issued||atleast 2 weeks before exam|
|CDS 1 2018 Exam Date||4th February 2018|
UPSC CDS (I) Exam 2018 Application
UPSC is going to conduct CDS (I) Exam 2018 on 4th February 2018 for admission to the following undermentioned courses. Details about the number of candidates going to be recruited for each course is also given below. Aspirants who are ready to undergo these courses and willing to serve under respective academies can submit UPSC CDS 2018 Application Form on or before 6.00 PM of 4th December 2017.
|No.||Academy/ Service||Name of the course||No. of Vacancies|
|1.||Indian Military Academy (IMA)||146th DE Course||100|
|2.||Indian Naval Academy (INA)||Executive (General Service)||45|
|3.||Air Force Academy (AFA)||Pre-Flying Training course||32|
|4.||Officers Training Academy (OTA)||SSC Men (Non-Technical) course||225|
|5.||Officers Training Academy (OTA)||SSC Women (Non-Technical) course||12|
Eligibility Criteria to Apply Online for UPSC CDS 2018 Exam (I)
The fundamental criteria that should be satisfied by candidates who are having interest to apply online for UPSC CDS (I) Exam 2018 are tabulated below.
Subject of Bhutan/ Nepal
Tibetan Refugee settled in India before 1962
Person of Indian origin (i.e. migrated to India from Pakistan, Srilanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, Vietnam & Burma)
|2.||Gender||Male/ Female (Officers Training, Air Force)
|3.||Marital Status||Female (Officers Training): Unmarried/ Widows/ Divorcees
Air Force: below 25 years (Unmarried), above (married/ unmarried)
Officers Training (Male)/ Military/ Naval: Unmarried
|4.||Education (passed/ appearing in final exams)||Air Force: B.E/ SSLC, H.Sc (Physics & Maths) with Degree
Naval: any Engineering Degree
Military/ Officers Training: any Degree/ Equivalent
|5.||Age Restrictions||Air Force: 18 to 22 years
Officers Training: 17 to 23 years
Naval/ Military: 17 to 22 years
|6.||Age Relaxations||Commercial Pilot Licence holders (AFA): can have 26 years|
|7.||Physical Standards||Height & Weight
Running, Skipping, Pushups & Sit-ups, Chin ups, Rope Climbing
|8.||Medical Standards||No Permanent Body Tattoos
No Disease/ Disability
Correct Visual & Hearing standards, etc.
How to Apply Online for UPSC CDS (I) 2018 Exam?
- Pre-Requisites to Apply for UPSC CDS 2018: Following are the mandatory things that should be kept in hands of aspirants before going to apply online for UPSC CDS 2018 Exam (I).
- Valid Email id and Mobile Number.
- Scanned copies of photograph and signature.
- Necessary documents for reference.
Valid Email id & Mobile Number: Till completion of this recruitment process candidates have to use the same email id and mobile number as you are going to enter on UPSC CDS 2018 online application. Because, sometimes Commission may use these email/ mobile number for contacting appliers.
Documents: Aspirants must take their certificates and marksheets with them while applying. The details you are entering in CDS online application 2018 should not differ from what is stated in certificates. Because, at the time of document verification this will become an issue, if details are found mismatch.
- Academic certificates
- Date of Birth (as in Matriculation/ SSLC/ Equivalent certificate)
- NCC certificate (as applicable)
- Caste certificate
- Discharge certificate, etc.
Scanned Photo & signature: Photograph and signature should be uploaded at the time of UPSC CDS online application 2018 submission. The size and dimensions should be as follows.
Order of Preference: Candidates have to clearly specify the details in relevant columns of UPSC CDS online application 2018 about the services which he/ she wish to enter in the order of preference.
- Woman appliers can give OTA (Officers Training Academy) as their first and only preference.
- Male aspirants willing to join as Short Service Commissioned (SSC) Officer should also have to give OTA as their one and only choice.
- Male candidates willing to join in Permanent or SSC courses have to indicate OTA as his last preference.
- Candidates who wish to join in any one of the force (Military/ Naval/ Air Force/ OTA) have to indicate that as their one and only preference.
CDS 2018 Exam Centres: In more than 40 centres, UPSC has decided to conduct CDS (I) Exam 2018. Commission has decided to allot centres for candidates as per their wish. So, while filling online application of CDS Exam 2018 choose centre carefully. For first applying persons first centre allotment will be done, depending upon preference stated by them and availability of seats.
- First-apply-first-allot basis
UPSC CDS 2018 Apply Online Procedure
Fee of Application/ Examination: Appliers have to remit fee to participate in CDS (I) 2018 examination. Deposit the fee as cash in any SBI bank using pay-in slip (or) use Net Banking/ Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card facilities to pay fee through online gateway given in Commission’s website.
- Non-refundable Fee: Rs.200/-
- Exemption: For SC/ STs and Woman
- Modes: Online/ Offline
Steps to Submit UPSC CDS 2018 (I) Application Form
Applications for UPSC CDS exam 2018 can be submitted via online as per guidelines given below. Only upto 6.00 PM of last date (i.e.4th December 2017), candidates can do this online registration. After that, link will disable.
- Use UPSC website www.upsconline.nic.in to apply.
- Click “Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC” link.
- Candidates have to do the registration first, so click “Part-I Registration”.
- A new page will open by displaying instructions.
- After reading all details, atlast hit the “Yes” tab.
- Requisite details in registration form should be filled without mistakes.
- Also, select the mode of fee payment.
- If you wish to do any changes in entered information use “Update” option available in relevant page.
- On submission of Part-I CDS 2018 Registration Form, candidates will get Registration ID.
- Now take printout copy of registered Part-I Application.
- Candidates who had chosen pay by cash mode download the pay-in-slip/ challan also, after Part-I CDS 2018 Registration. Remit the fee in concerned bank after 24 hours of challan generation. After fee payment, do the second part of registration.
- Candidates who had chosen online payment mode can directly click the part-2 registration link after getting registration id.
- A new Untitled Google Chrome page will open by hitting Part-II Registration link.
- Enter your Registration id, Date of Birth and press “Submit” button, to complete CDS 2018 Part-II Registration.
- In the second part of registration, offline payment makers should enter the payment details. Those who wish to do online payment, do the transaction using appropriate link.
- Scanned copies of photograph and signature should be uploaded, on next step.
- Preview the application, accept the declaration and hit “Submit” button.
- An autogenerated email will be sent to your email address, if application submission is successful.
Why UPSC CDS (I) 2018 Application will be rejected?
Don’t submit more than one application for UPSC CDS 2018 Exam – I. If two or more application is submitted by a candidate, the application with higher Registration ID shall only be taken into account.
Incase of offline payment, if Commission didn’t get any payment information from bank means the CDS 2018 applications of such candidates will be rejected. Such candidate’s names will be published within 2 weeks after last date of application submission in Commission’s website. Applicants who have paid the fee can submit the proof of fee payment within 10 days to Commission through Speed Post or in person.
- Submission of incomplete applications.
- Non fee payment or less fee payment.
- Fee paid but Commission didn’t get any intimation.
- Communication received from employer that his/ her permission is withholded (for serving aspirants).
UPSC CDS (I) 2018 e-Admit Card
Candidates satisfying the minimum eligibility conditions prescribed for UPSC CDS examination 2018 shall only be issued with admission certificates to participate in test. But giving admit cards does not mean that definitely he/ she will be placed in respective academies of Indian Armed Forces.
SSB Interview, Document Verification and Physical/ Medical fitness checkup are the further levels of selection. Appointment will be on merit-cum reservation basis.
Aspirants having doubts regarding eligibilities (or) UPSC CDS 2018 Online application submission don’t hesitate to contact Commission on any of the following modes.
|1.||UPSC Facilitation Counter near Gate ‘C’ in person|
|2.||Contact through phone 011-23385271/ 011-23381125/ 011-23098543 on working days|
Note: The perfect way to submit UPSC CDS Online Application 2018 and the guidelines to be followed before applying are stated here on above paragraphs. To know more, refer the official notification that is linked in this article.