APPSC Deputy Surveyor Syllabus 2017: In this article, we are going to discuss about the recruitment exam and its syllabus for Deputy Surveyor post that was going to be conducted by Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC). On speaking about the exam conducting authority, this Commission reserve full right to do direct recruitment for government departments of Andhra Pradesh. With this responsibility, to fill the zonal/ district wise breakup of Subordinate Service vacancies APPSC has announced a recruitment exam earlier. Applied Diploma/ ITI/ MBBS/ M.Tech/ Science graduates will get an Admit Card to appear in the examination, if he/ she are found eligible. Now it’s time to discuss about the exam pattern and syllabus topics for this exam, as the examinations are planned to be conducted in first week of March 2017.
|Authority||Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC)|
|Exam Name||Deputy Surveyor Exam|
|Exam Category||APPSC Exam|
|Exam Type||Objective [OMR based (Screening), Online (Mains)]|
|Exam Date||2nd to 4th March 2017|
APPSC Deputy Surveyor Syllabus 2017
The state wide vacancies in Town Planning and Survey & Land Records departmental units is going to be filled very soon, through a competitive exam planned by APPSC in Vijayawada/ Guntur centers. Through this test, Surveyor, Technical Assistant, etc. likewise more than three hundred openings are going to be filled.
If the competition is seemed to be very high (applications are more than 25000 in number) in nature, then Screening Test will be organised by Commission inorder to shortlist unfitting applicants from Main Examination. Otherwise, no screening exam will be conducted. On looking into the APPSC Deputy Surveyor Syllabus 2017, the main exam will comprise of two papers in different standards (General/ Subject related). The general eligibility criteria for this recruitment are listed down.
- Qualification: Diploma/ ITI/ MBBS/ M.Sc/ M.Tech/ B.Sc/ Degree/ B.F.Sc
- Experience: 1 to 2 years
- Age Limit: 18 to 42 years
- Selection Process: Screening and/ or Main Examination
Subjects for APPSC Deputy Surveyor: As said above, Screening will be organised only if received applications are more in number (through offline mode). For this, the exam syllabus is not very clear. But for main examination, two subjects of questions will be set and the exam will be purely online in nature. Participants cannot expect any sort of descriptive questions as the Screening/ Main Exam will be purely in objective type only. The topics from which questions will be drafted are given below.
- General Studies & Mental Ability
- Intermediate standard
APPSC Deputy Surveyor Exam Pattern 2017
APPSC Deputy Surveyor exam covers questions from two papers, which are general questions in SSC standard and Intermediate questions on vocational standard. For each section, the total number of questions asked will be 150. Each question carries 1 mark and the exam duration is also 150 minutes for each subject. About 1/3rd marks will be deducted by the correcting authorities as per orders received from government/ Commission, for each wrong answer. See the table related to scheme of main exam to get clear idea.
- The Deputy Surveyor exam of APPSC will comprise only of objective type
- Negative marks will be reduced for each wrong answer (1/3).
- The total number of questions is 300, which carries 300 marks (1 mark each).
- The exam is purely a computer based test, in which time allotted for each section is 150 minutes.
- The test is likely to be conducted in two different sessions.
|Paper||Subjects||No. of Questions||Total marks||Time Allotted|
|1||General Studies & Mental Ability||150 each||150 each||2 ½ hours each|
Subject Wise Syllabus for APPSC Deputy Surveyor Exam: In this section, you can see the various sub-topics from which questions would be asked for the exam i.e. APPSC Deputy Surveyor Syllabus 2017 is listed here. Those who are preparing for the exams with questions under these topics can only succeed. Before the exam date, first candidates have to download the Hall Ticket to attend this test.
Syllabus for General Studies & Mental Ability (Paper-I):
- National & International Events
- Current Affairs
- General Science
- History of Modern India
- Economic Development in India since Independence
- Logical Reasoning, Analytical Ability, Data Interpretation
- Disaster Management
- Geography of India with special focus on Andhra Pradesh
- Indian Constitution & Polity
- Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection
- Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its Administrative, Economic, Social, Cultural, Political and legal implications/ problems
Intermediate Standard Syllabus (Paper-II):
- Lettering & Numbering
- Figure Sizes and Proportions IS Standard Practice
- Construction of Plain Geometric Figures Orthographic Projection and Methods
- Construction of Ordinary Scale
- Drawing Plan and Elevation of Points, Lines, Surfaces & Solids
- Conventional Signs and Symbols as per IS Code for Engineering and Buildings Drawings
- Drawing and detailing Brick Arrangements, Foundations, Stone Masonry
- Damp Proof Course & Plinth Protection, Roof types, Pipelines Joints Drainage Works, Forms of Rivet Heads
- Types of Irrigation Structures, Steel Roofs, Stairs, Cross section showing different types of Roads, Railway Track, etc.
- Surveying of Buildings Sites
- Use of Prismatic Compass, Handling of Leveling Instrument
APPSC Deputy Surveyor Exam 2017
The various positions that are in a situation of getting filled through this APPSC recruitment exam 2017 are Assistant Architectural Draughtsman, Surveyors, Deputy Surveyor, Technical Assistant, Civil Assistant Surgeon, Inspector and Fisheries Development Officer. This government job gives attractive salary and other useful benefits for the 361 candidates who are going to be recruited through this test. So applicants are asked to prepare well for the exam by following the APPSC Deputy Surveyor Syllabus 2017 that is listed above.
- Name of Designations: Assistant Architectural Draughtsman, Surveyors, Deputy Surveyor, Technical Assistant, Civil Assistant Surgeon, Inspector and Fisheries Development Officer
- of Vacancies: 361
- Date of Notification: 17th Dec 2016
- Date of Exam: 2nd to 4th Mar 2017
|Download Syllabus||Click here|
Note: On above sections, we have given exam pattern and syllabus contents for Deputy Surveyor and other posts under APPSC recruitment, with an intention of helping applicants. Outstanding performers in this test shall get deputed in Srikakulam, Vizianagar, Chittoor, etc. units of AP departments. For more details, refer the linked pdf file.