NEET UG 2018: Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released the notification for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Examination 2018 (i.e. NEET 2018). As everyone knows, NEET is the only entrance examination for admission to MBBS/ BDS courses in each academic year. Students those who want admission to study 1st year MBBS/ BDS courses for the session 2018-19 can register for NEET UG 2018 Exam. 9th March 2018 is the last date to submit CBSE NEET 2018 Application Form. So, hurry up! To know further details like NEET Exam 2018 eligibilities, seat reservation, counselling and admission process, go through the paragraphs that are given below.
|NEET UG 2018 – Highlights|
|Exam Name||National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (UG) 2018 (i.e. NEET 2018)|
|Authority||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Qualification||H.Sc/ B.Sc/ Pre-professional/ Pre-medical examination/ Intermediate/ Pre-degree/ Equivalent|
|Exam Type||Objective Type|
CBSE NEET UG 2018 Exam
The 2018 year’s admission to MBBS/ BDS courses in Medical/ Dental Colleges that run with the approval of Medical Council of India/ Dental Council of India will be done through National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test 2018. The seats in the colleges are classified as follows for convenience of students.
- All India Quota Seats
- State Government Quota Seats
- Central Institutions/ Universities/ Deemed Universities
- State/ Management/ NRI Quota seats in Private Medical/ Dental Colleges/ University
- Central Pool Quota Seats
It should be rememberable that the admissions for MBBS/ BDS courses in AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry institutions will not be done through this CBSE NEET UG 2018 Exam.
Eligibilities to Apply for CBSE NEET UG 2018
Nationality: Students who belongs to following nationality can come forward and apply for CBSE NEET 2018.
- Indian Nationals
- Non Resident Indians (NRIs)
- Oversees citizen of India (OCIs)
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)
- Foreign Nationals
Qualification: The minimum qualification that should be completed by candidates desiring to participate on NEET 2018 Entrance Exam is given below.
- Sc pass with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-technology and English subjects (or)
- Passed B.Sc/ Pre-professional/ Pre-medical examination/ Intermediate/ Pre-degree/ Equivalent qualification in relevant subjects
Academic Marks: On calculating the percentage of academic marks for Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology subjects, candidates applying for NEET 2018 Exam are expected to have following cut-off.
|No.||Category||Percentage of Marks|
|1.||SC/ ST/ OBCs||40%|
|2.||General-PH (Locomotor disability of lower limbs)||45%|
NEET 2018 Age Limit: As per CBSE NEET 2018 Notification, aspirants within following age limits are eligible to write NEET UG 2018 Exam. The age will be calculated as on 31st December 2018.
- Minimum: must have finished 17 years
- Maximum: should not exceed 25 years
Age Relaxations: SC/ ST/ OBC category people exceeding the upper age limit of 25 years can also apply for NEET Exam 2018, by claiming relaxations based on their community as follows.
- SC/ ST/ OBC category: 5 years
Others: Apart from the eligibilities mentioned above, some of the other qualities that should be possessed by candidates applying for CBSE NEET UG Exam 2018 are given below.
- Aadhar Number is mandatory to fill up NEET Application Form 2018 (Passport Number will also be accepted for NRIs, Foreign Nationals, Overseas Citizen of India and Persons of Indian origin)
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 qualification from open schools should not apply
- Students those who are going to appear in 12th standard examination in 2018 can also apply
NEET Exam 2018 Date and Others
|NEET 2018 Registration started from||8th February 2018|
|Last date for submission of NEET Application Form 2018||9th March 2018|
|Last date for fee payment||10th March 2018|
|NEET 2018 Application Form can be corrected from||12th March 2018|
|Last date for editing/ correcting details in CBSE NEET UG 2018 Application Form||16th March 2018|
|NEET Admit Card 2018 will be issued from||2nd week of April 2018|
|NEET 2018 Exam Date||6th May 2018 (Sunday)|
|NEET Answer Key 2018 will be released on||May 2018|
|NEET Result 2018 will be declared on||5th June 2018|
How to Apply for CBSE NEET 2018 UG Exam?
Examination Fees: Online applications have to be submitted by candidates for NEET Exam 2018. At the time of application submission, aspirants will be asked to pay examination fee as follows.
- General/ OBC: Rs.1400/-
- SC/ ST/ PH candidates: Rs.750/-
- Payment Mode: Online only (Net Banking/ Debit/ Credit Card/ UPI)
NEET Application Form 2018: The NEET Application Form 2018 is available on CBSE NEET 2018 Official website. Aspirants have to submit only one application without mistakes as per general guidelines given below.
- Visit CBSE NEET 2018 Official Website www.cbseneet.nic.in
- Read the detailed NEET UG 2018 Notification i.e. Information Brochure
- Click “Apply Online” link given below Online Services section
- Read the instructions and procedure to apply online
- Click “Proceed to Apply Online NEET (UG), 2018” tab
- The NEET UG 2018 New Registration form will open
- Fill the requisite details in registration form and click “Next & Preview” tab
- Check the details that you have entered in registration form and click “Next” button (if you want to do changes, click “Back” and edit the changes)
- After this step, candidates will create password
- On submission of OTP number and all those requisite details, provisional registration number will be generated
- Click “Continue” button and upload your photograph and signature as per specifications
- After uploading photo & signature, it will automatically take you to fee payment page
- Make payment of fee by any of the prescribed modes
- Print confirmation page after successful remittance of fee
Candidates who cannot fill the NEET Application Form 2018 by their own can avail the help of Common Service Centres/ Facilitation Centres. The centre details are given on CBSE NEET UG 2018 official website. For paying fee through Common Service Centres/ Facilitation Centres, aspirants can use E-wallet.
Aspirants can also do corrections in submitted application from 12th March 2018 onwards. Only for 4 days this facility will be available on CBSE NEET Official Website.
|Apply Online||Click here|
NEET Admit Card 2018
Individuals who are submitting NEET 2018 Application Form without any mistakes shall be issued with NEET Admit Card 2018 on second week of April 2018. Applied citizens have to download it from CBSE NEET Official website. Hall tickets will not be sent through post to anyone. Candidates have to preserve the NEET 2018 Admit Card till admission to MBBS/ BDS courses.
CBSE NEET UG 2018 Exam Pattern
There is no change in the CBSE NEET UG 2018 Exam Pattern. As like last year, in the following pattern questions shall be asked on exam.
|CBSE NEET UG Exam Pattern 2018|
|No.||Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1.||Physics||45 questions||180 marks||3 hours|
|2.||Chemistry||45 questions||180 marks|
|3.||Zoology||45 questions||180 marks|
|4.||Botany||45 questions||180 marks|
|Total||180 questions||720 marks||180 minutes|
- Exam will be conducted on OMR answer sheets
- Only multiple choice objective type questions will be asked
- Questions for test shall be drafted from common syllabus notified by Medical Council of India
- Each question carries 4 marks
- For each wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted
To know about NEET Exam Syllabus 2018, refer the detailed NEET UG 2018 Notification (or) visit CBSE NEET Official Website.
NEET Answer Key and Result 2018
After conducting exam on 6th May 2018, CBSE will take steps to release the tentative NEET Answer Key 2018 for the questions that have been asked on exam. Candidates will be given an opportunity to submit objections against the answer key that have been released by CBSE (if found wrong), by paying a fee of Rs.1000/-. The key challenges submitted by contestants will be examined by authorities and final answer key will be prepared. Based on final answer keys, the NEET Result 2018 will also be declared by CBSE.
NEET Cut Off 2018
Only candidates scoring following marks in NEET 2018 Exam shall be called for counselling and are eligible for admission to MBBS/ BDS courses.
|Category||Minimum Pass Marks (%)|
|SC/ ST/ OBCs||40%|
|Disabled Persons||45% (General), 40% for SC/ ST/ OBCs|
NEET 2018 Merit List, Counselling and Admission Process
CBSE will prepare All India Rank List of candidates who participated and qualified on NEET Exam 2018. Details about the list of successful candidates will be given to Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India, to provide the same to admitting authorities. The admitting authorities will then invite applications for counselling and prepares All India Merit List for admission of students to MBBS/ BDS courses in respective colleges (based on rank, category and state rules).
- Counselling for seats under 15% All India Quota, Central Institutions (including AFMC, ESI, BHU, AMU and Deemed Universities) will be done through online mode by Medical Counselling Committee of the Directorate General of Health Services.
- Counselling for Private Medical Colleges (except Deemed Universities) will be with the respective State Governments.
- Candidates applying for admission of MBBS/ BDS courses in State Medical Colleges/ Universities/ Institutions shall follow the instructions of state government and/ or authorities of the Medical/ Dental colleges/ Institution/ University concerned for counselling.
Note: From the above section aspirants might have got lot of general information about upcoming NEET Exam 2018. To know elaborated details about this entrance test, refer the NEET UG 2018 Notification that we have linked in this article (or) go to CBSE NEET official website.