FMGE 2017: National Board of Examinations (NBE) was set up in the year 1975 under Health Ministry of Indian Government. To standardize post graduate medical education and to conduct largest portfolio of examinations in the field of medicine in India/ Global level, this organisation has been established. After finishing 12th with high percentage marks in Science stream, most of the students used to go abroad and do their medical studies. Using foreign organisation issued educational certificate, candidates cannot do their medical practitioner work/ training here. For that, those candidates must hold a Medical Council of India (MCI) or State Medical Council (SMC) issued provisional/ permanent registration certificate. Simply Council will not issue this certificate. To get this permission, candidates have to pass a Screening Test called Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (FMGE). Go through the below section to know more about FMGE 2017.
|Board Name||National Board of Examination (NBE)|
|Exam Name||Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE)|
|Vacancy Nos||NM||Last Date||13-05-2017|
|Certificate type||Provisional/ Permanent Registration|
Every year on June and December months, National Board of Examination conducts this sort of FMGE exams. To participate in this test, application submitting person must be an Indian citizen or overseas citizen of India. Usually a candidate can use a maximum of 3 chances to pass in this FMGE. Even if they had failed after 3rd attempt then he/ she is not eligible to get MCI/ SMC registration certificate.
In about 19 selected cities across country this FMGE 2017 test is going to be conducted, for 2 days. This exam is fully organized as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India. Pre-clinical, para-clinical and clinical subjects that were studied in MBBS course will be asked as questions on this test. Candidates have to secure atleast 50% marks to get MCI/ SMC registration certificate. Re-evaluation will not be done in any cases.
Purpose of FMGE 2017
- Provisional or Permanent MCI/ SMC Registration
Educational Requirements: Candidates who had completed the primary medical qualification outside India are eligible to write this exam. Citizens will be allowed to write test only if they complete this education on or before 31st May 2017.
- MBBS/ Equivalent Degree pass
It is notable that, before going to study this medical degree abroad citizens who had received eligibility certificate from MCI alone are eligible to apply.
Exam Process: In this FMGE 2017, board will ask about 200 questions from clinical subjects like Medicine, General Surgery, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology, Otorhinolaryngology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Community Medicine and 100 questions from pre & para clinical subjects like Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology and Forensic Medicine.
This is an online examination and only multiple choice objective type questions will come. No marks will be reduced for marking of wrong answers. Only candidates who are scoring 150 (minimum) marks in test will be declared as passed.
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Out of 300, 150 is the qualifying marks
Examination Fee: Using Credit/ Debit Card issued by Indian banks or through Net Banking facilities appliers can remit this exam fee i.e. for this purpose an online payment gateway is available in the applying website itself. Candidates who are failing to come for exam will forfeit their examination fee.
- Exam Fee: Rs.5500/-
- Payment Mode: Online
How to Apply for FMGE 2017
In the National Board of Examinations website, the application to apply for FMGE 2017 is given. Those who are willing to write this exam, can fill and submit that particular form through online after reading the registration guide/ instructions given in notice.
- Open the portal nbe.edu.in.
- Go to “FMGE -> Online Registration cum Scheduling for FMGE”.
- Enter the characters you see in image and hit “Begin My Registration”.
- Start filling the * marked fields and create a login.
- To get registered, tick the “I Agree” button.
- Enter contact information and upload the scanned copies of passport size photo, signature.
- Hit “Save & Continue” tab and select FMGE from drop down menu.
- Click “Save & Continue” and read the exam information.
- Enter your personal and educational details and upload the photo id proof copy.
- Accept the declaration by hitting “I Agree” and again hit “Save & Continue”.
- If any of the mandatory fields are failed to be filled by applier, error will display.
- Otherwise it will go to the exam scheduling page.
- Select location, test site, date and time of your convenience.
- Hit the “Save & Finish” button to move to the payment screen.
- Do the transaction and candidates can do confirmation of details by viewing the FMGE Application.
- Changes if any can be made using “Edit Application”.
- If all information is found correct candidates will be redirected to Welcome Back
After one day of registration, an application summary will be sent to applicant’s email address. Candidates can keep it as records for further use.
One copy of this acknowledgement and following document copies (self signed) should be emailed to email@example.com after online registration.
- 10th, 12th, MBBS certificates & marksheets
- Address proof
- 2 passport size photographs
- Birth certificate/ Age proof
- Front and last page of passport
- Internship certificate, etc.
To clear your doubts, citizens can also contact the helpline number 0124-6771700/ 1800-11-1700 or can email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Official Notification & Apply Online here||nbe.edu.in|
Dates to Remember
|Beginning date of online registration||13th Apr 2017|
|Last date for submission of online application||13th May 2017|
|Last date for submission of document copies||5th Jun 2017|
|Application Summary/ Admit Card will be sent to email address||Within 24 hours of online registration/ scheduling|
|FMGE exam will be conducted on||12th & 13th Jun 2017|
|Exam Result will be declared on||15th Jul 2017|
Note: Regarding Foreign Medical Graduate Examination that is going to be conducted for MCI/ SCM registration certificate, we have provided lot of information on above section. Refer the information bulletin given in above website to know more about FMGE 2017.