DNB CET 2017: National Board of Examination (NBE) is going to conduct one entrance examination to fill the post graduate medical seats that are existing under its affiliated medical colleges/ universities. The exam name is Diplomate National Board (DNB)-Centralized Entrance Test (CET). MBBS passed graduates who are willing to do higher studies under following specialisations are asked to write this examination. Because using this DNB-CET 2017 marks candidates can appeal for broad speciality and super speciality post graduate courses for the academic year 2017. Those who want to know more about DNB CET 2017 can go through the below paragraphs.
|Organisation||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
|Exam Name||Diplomate National Board (DNB) – Centralized Entrance Test (CET)|
|Vacancy Nos||2424||Last Date||13-05-2017|
|Course Nature||Full time|
DNB CET 2017
NBE was set up by Indian Government to improve the quality of medical education in country. Following Medical Council of India norms, now National Board of Examination has decided to execute this DNB CET 2017 examination. This test helps to determine the knowledge and competencies of candidates in medical discipline. Four days this test will be conducted in different cities of the country. Those who are meeting the minimum cut-offs in this test, which was set by NBE will be issued with certificates. Also on the order of category-wise merit candidates will be asked to attend the counseling and select colleges of their choice. Finally depending upon seat availabilities in respective NBE accredited institution/ hospital/ medical colleges (list given in official notice), intaking will be done.
Admission through DNB CET 2017
|No.||Post MBBS/ Specialties||No. of Seats|
|3.||Cardio Thoracic Surgery||7|
|9.||Immunohematology & Trans Fusion Medicine||1|
|13.||Obstetrics & Gynecology||107|
Essential Qualification: Individuals who had completed the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery course from recognised institution are eligible to write this DNB CET 2017. Internship completion before 31st July 2017 and Medical Council of India/ State Medical Council registration certificates is also mandatory to apply for this test.
- Completed Internship
- Medical Council Registration
Exam Process: DNB CET 2017 is a Computer based exam. Questions will be asked from subjects like Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Forensic Medicine, Ophthalmology, ENT, SPM Statistics & Biomedical Research, General Medicine, Psychiatry, Dermatology & Std, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Anaesthesiology, Radiology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology and Paediatrics.
About 300 multiple choice questions will come for test and no marks will be reduced for ticking of wrong answers. To get DNB CET 2017 qualifying certificate from NBE, examinees must have to score 50% marks (General), 45% marks (PWDs) and 40% marks (SC/ ST/ OBC).
- Computer Based Test (DNB CET)
Examination Fee: All candidates who are desiring to apply for DNB-CET 2017 have to remit the examination fee. Payment can be done through online mode using Debit/ Credit Card or Net Banking facilities of Indian Banks.
- Non-refundable fee: Rs.4500/-
- Payment Mode: Online
How to Apply Online for DNB CET 2017
Aspirants can register for this DNB-CET 2017 only once. Applications should be submitted by interested MBBS graduates through official website of National Board of Examinations. The link and guidelines are given here.
- Open the portal nbe.edu.in.
- Read the detailed instructions provided in site and hit “Click here for online registration cum scheduling for DNB-CET”.
- Enter the characters you see in the image and press “Begin My Registration”.
- Fill all the mandatory fields in form and upload your scanned copies of photograph, sign.
- Hit the “Save & Continue” button to proceed further.
- Select DNB-CET in newly opened page.
- Again click the “Save & Continue” button.
- Read the Exam information that is displayed and fill the Personal information.
- Hit “Save & Continue” button.
- Enter the educational details and upload Photo ID and MCS/ SMC registration certificates copies.
- Read the declaration and tick “I Agree -> Save & Continue”.
- Then select the exam location, test site, date and time for exam.
- To move to payment screen, click on “Save & Finish” tab.
- After making payment, a confirmation page will display.
- After reading all displayed information, if candidates want to do any changes then they can use “Edit Application” option.
- Take printout of acknowledgement of submission of online application.
If candidates have any queries related to this exam, they can contact helpline 0124-6771700/ 1800111700 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to clear their doubts.
Dates to Remember
|Link for applying online opens on||13th Apr 2017|
|Last date for submission of online application||13th May 2017|
|Date of DNB CET Examination||15th to 18th Jun 2017|
|Admit Cards will be issued through email||Within 24 hours of scheduling/ registration|
|Results will be declared by||31st Jul 2017|
Note: Regarding forthcoming DNB CET 2017 examination we have provided lot of information on above paragraphs. Candidates who want to know more about this test can refer the official notice.