Central Railway Scouts Guides Syllabus 2017: Central Railway is conducting recruitment frequently for Group ‘C’ and Group ‘D’ examinations. Recently, the recruitment cell of Central Railway has rolled out an employment advertisement for filling the Scouts and Guides quota. Previously, we had updated the details elaborately about the Scout and Guide recruitment in Central Railway. Now, we are going to discuss about the syllabus for Scouts and Guides written examination. This syllabus is available in the recruitment notification, but it is hard to retrieve. In easy understandable manner, we are providing the syllabus for candidates who are now getting ready to write the examination. The overall details regarding Central Railway Scouts Guides Syllabus 2017 is displayed below,
|Exam Name||Group C & D Exam|
|Exam Category||Central Railway Exam|
|Exam Type||Written (Objective and Descriptive)|
|Exam Date||18th Feb 2017|
Central Railway Scouts Guides Exam Syllabus 2017
The current recruitment of Central Railway is conducted especially for recruiting Scouts and Guides under Group ‘C’ and erstwhile Group ‘D’ category. Various stages of selection has scheduled, one among that is written examination. This examination is conducted for short listing 12 eminent staffs under the above said posts.
For those candidates who have registered in their web portal, we had collected various lists or topics for Central Railway Scouts Guides Exam Syllabus 2017 from the official notification. Since, syllabus is most necessary for the competitors, to prepare for the examination. Because of their necessity and having intention to be a part of their success, we had designed the syllabus in the upcoming sections.
The written examination will be conducted both in objective and essay (composition) type. Candidates who are qualified in schooling level are eligible to participate in this examination. ITI qualification is preferred for the position of Scout. Not only written examination is conducted, but also the candidates are subject to Scouting skill Assessment and document verification if they are succeeded in written examination. Chosen candidates through this selection will undergo initial training in any of the Central Railway establishments, after they are appointed on regular basis.
- Qualification: 12th or 10th with ITI
- Age limit: 18 to 29 years
- Selection Process: Written test, skill assessment, document verification
Scouts Guides Exam Syllabus Subjects:
Written examination is a part of selection for Scouts Guides recruitment in Central Railway. It will be conducted in objective and descriptive type. Candidates, who are applied for Scout and Guide posts, must be aware of the following sections.
- Scouts & Guides Organisation and activities
- General Knowledge
Scouts Guides Exam Pattern
Out of 50 marks, 10 marks are allotted for essay or descriptive type of questions and 40 marks for objective type. Competitors appearing for this examination will have to write the examination in OMR sheet. Be clear, before choosing the right option, in order to avoid negative marking.
- The written test shall be of 60 minutes duration for an aggregate of 50 marks.
- The exam will be both in objective and descriptive
- The question paper will be in bilingual i.e. English and Hindi.
- Candidates will have to secure minimum 40% of marks in written test.
- Written test will be conducted in OMR sheet.
- A negative mark of 1/3 is deducted for each wrong answer.
|Scouts & Guides Organization and activities,
|Objective||40 marks||60 minutes|
Subject Wise Scouts Guides Exam Syllabus:
The list and topics of Central Railway Scouts Guides Exam Syllabus is mentioned below. The syllabus and exam details narrated here are gathered from the official notification, to reduce the difficulty of the contestants.
- Scouts & Guides Organisation and activities Syllabus
- History of Scouting/Guiding
- Law & Promise
- Organisation -District & State Level
- Training Centre – District & State Level
- Knowledge of Books
- Scouting for Boys/Guiding for Girls in India
- Motto left hand shake
- Salute; Prayer; Flag Song; National Anthem
- Know the National & Scouting flags
- Social Services at various occasions
- Hiking; Proficiency Badges,
- Stages in Scouting/ Guiding: Thinking Day
- Progressive Training of Scouts/ Guides/ Rovers/Rangers
- Pioneering; Handicrafts; Indian Railway Jamborette; National Jamboree; Jamboree on the Air
- Organisation at National Level
- National Training Centre,
- WAGGGS/WOSM-Uprashtrapati Award Competition
- Prime Minister Shield Competition
- Community Development Programmes
- Aims and Methods of Scouting
- How Scouting is useful in producing better citizens
- General Knowledge Syllabus
- Knowledge of current events
- History of India
- International issues
- Economic issues in India
- Geography of India
- National news (current)
- Indian Culture
- Scientific observations
- Political Science
- Famous Places in India
- About India and it’s neighbouring countries
- World organisations
- Countries and capitals
- Science and innovation
Upcoming Scouts Guides exam 2017
The recruitment cell of Central Railway updated the notification for Scouts and Guides recruitment. According to the notification, the selection will be of highest marks achieved by the aspirants in written examination, Scouting skill Assessment and document verification. For attending the initial phase of selection, the applicants must be found fit. The screening board is responsible for screening the received applications and deserving candidates are invited by them.
- Designation: Scout and Guide
- No of Vacancies: 12
- Notification dated on: 31st Dec 2016
- Online registration ends on: 20th Jan 2017
- Date of exam: 18th Feb 2017 (Tentative)
|Official Notification||Click here|
Note: For the convenience of readers, we had listed each and every topic of Central Railway Scouts Guides Syllabus 2017 and related details in the above illustrated sections.