AFCAT 2017: Indian Air Force (IAF) is now inviting physically strong young aspirants to join its workforce, under Flying and Ground Duty Branches. By conducting one Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT), IAF has planned to hire suitable citizens for these branches immediately. This is an excellent opportunity for graduates with good academic records, to serve for the nation. So enthusiastic candidates don’t miss this chance and submit your interest of applications before end of June 2017. Elaborated details about AFCAT 2017 and selection are given here on below paragraphs.
|Organization||Indian Air Force (IAF)|
|Exam Name||Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) – 2017|
|Vacancy No’s||NA||Last Date||29-06-2017|
|Education||Degree/ B.E/ B.Tech/ MBA/ M.Sc/ M.A/ Equivalent|
|Job Nature||Permanent, Temporary|
AFCAT 2017 Exam Notification Details
To join in Air Force Academy, appliers must have Pan Card and Aadhar card. Both male and female aspirants can write this AFCAT Exam 2017, if found eligible. Currently serving Airmen and Government Officers can also make an attempt. But individuals who had failed in Computerised Pilot Selection System or Flying training on previous recruitments, no need to waste their time by applying for this AFCAT entry.
Admit cards will be given only to aspirants who are found eligible in all aspects, to attend AFCAT test. Hiring individuals will serve as Commissioned Officers till superannuation of age or temporary period.
- 10% seats are reserved for NCC Air Wing ‘C’ certificate
- Permanent Commission seats are for male candidates
- Short Service Commission (14 years) applicable for male and female
Designations and Salary
The course for these Commissioned Officer works will start from July 2018. For 52 weeks training will be imparted to aspirants who are indulging under Ground Duty (Non-Technical) branches and 74 weeks for others, in Air Force Training establishments.
On successful completion of course and training, he/ she will be placed in respective branches as Flying Officers/ Ground Duty Officers on permanent or temporary basis. While serving in these posts, candidates will be offered with Pay Band-3 salary and other allowances like Military Service Pay, Kit Maintenance & Transport Allowances, Insurance, etc. as per government rules.
|Short Service Commission|
|Branch||Post/ Course||Gross Monthly Emoluments|
|Permanent/ Short Service Commission|
|Branch||Post/ Course||Gross Monthly Emoluments|
|Ground duty – Technical||Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics)||Rs.74872/-|
|Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical)|
|Ground duty – Non Technical||Administration||Rs.71872/-|
- Qualification: Candidates who had taken 60% marks in their graduation and School level qualification (Maths & Physics) can apply for this AFCAT exam 2017. Individuals who had cleared Section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institute Engineers/ Aeronautical Society of India from recognized university can also apply for this recruitment.
Incase of Ground Duty Non-Technical posts, individuals desiring to apply under Accounts section must have completed graduation on Commerce discipline and inorder to apply under Education category, aspirants must have finished graduation in Business Management or post graduation in relevant Arts/ Science subjects.
- Ground Duty (Non Technical – Accounts): Com/ Equivalent
- Ground Duty (Non Technical – Education): MBA/ MCA/ MA/ M.Sc
- Other branches: BE/ B.Tech or passed Section A&B examination or any Degree
- Age Limits: Depending upon branch you are desiring to apply, the upper age limit will differ. But the minimum age limit is same for everyone.
- Minimum age limit: 20 years
- Upper age for Flying division: 24 years
- Upper age for Ground Duty division: 26 years
- Other Requirements: Candidates applying for this AFCAT Exam 2017 should not have a habit of wearing spectacles. They should have good vision standards. Also, before applying aspirants are asked to check their height and weight. Because to get hired for Flying/ Ground Duty Officer works, candidates should satisfy the physical requirements prescribed by Indian Air Force.
- Good visual power
- Fitting Height and Weight
As stated above, AFCAT examination will be conducted initially with questions drafted from following sections. For individuals desiring to enter on Ground Duty (Technical) field, an Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) shall also be conducted along with AFCAT.
- Verbal Ability
- Numerical Ability
- General Awareness
- Military Aptitude
Individuals succeeding in these exams will be again shortlisted and called for further levels of two-stage testing. Stage-I consists of selection rounds like Officer Intelligence Rating Test, Picture Perception and Discussion Tests. Those who are qualifying in this stage shall only be permitted to attend the Stage-II exams, which are Psychological Test, Group Test and Interview.
Names of provisionally selected candidates will be recommended for medical examination finally, by Air Force Selection Board (AFSB). By seeing the overall merit of following selection rounds, enrollment will be done atlast.
- AFCAT Test
- EKT Test (only for Ground Duty Technical)
- Two stage selection Tests and Interview
- Medical Examination
How to Apply for AFCAT Exam 2017
Through Career Air Force website, submit the applications for this AFCAT 2017. No application fee should be paid for participating in this recruitment. The general guidelines to apply are given below.
- Open the website careerairforce.nic.in.
- Hit the “Candidates Login” button.
- Choose “AFCAT Entry”.
- New candidate do the “New User Registration”.
- Then using your registered email/ username and password login into the application.
- Fill the mandatory fields in form and upload necessary images/ documents.
- Check all the entered information and press “Submit” button.
- Printout copy of submitted application can be taken for future records.
If candidates have any doubts regarding this AFCAT selection, contact on toll free number 1800-11-2448.
Dates to Remember
|Link for applying online opens on||3rd Jun 2017|
|Last date for applying online||29th Jun 2017|
|AFCAT/ EKT test will be conducted on||27th Aug 2017|
|Course commences on||Jul 2018|
Note: On above section, we have given lot of details about one of the admission exam that is going to be conducted by Indian Air Force for hiring Commissioned Officers in Flying and Ground Duty branches. To know more about AFCAT 2017, read the official notice linked in this article.